Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Was that a complimentary PP/EXP or a 500 mile upgrade on DFW-HNL versus a SWU?

I haven't seen this issue with P > R upgrades but rather with P > C.
Comp EXP UG.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
"No recognition of ticket #when entered on form to seek adjustment"

What does this mean?
I'm assuming it means what it says: OP went to this website: https://www.aa.com/forms/request-flight-miles/ and entered his ticket # (as it requests), but the # was not recognized.

OP, you should call AAdvantage Customer Service (not AA), at 800-882-8880. Wait out the first set of options, and then say "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative." You'll then hear a second set of options, then a pause, then "you can also say..." and you'll hear an option for "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative." Say that again and you'll get a (usually very competent) human who will fix your account and send you a confirmation email.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.9MM and counting, HHDiamond, SPG Plat
Thank you. Will try this. I’m holding boarding pass in my hand, have emailed confirm receipt too showing same ticket #, when I called —agent tells me no such ticket in their system, even though they see flight in my records! Will try again. Cheers and thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Wait out the first set of options, and then say "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative." You'll then hear a second set of options, then a pause, then "you can also say..." and you'll hear an option for "Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative." Say that again and you'll get a (usually very competent) human who will fix your account and send you a confirmation email.
You can just say "agent" as soon as the robot starts talking, and then "agent" again when it demands clarification.

Edit: this is probably wrong. See below...

Last edited by HLCinCOU; Dec 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm Reason: I was probably wrong.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
This happened to me for flights that I finished up last week. I had purchased PE, was (thankfully) upgraded to business both ways, but credited to my account as C.
I gave it a few days. Then I just used the, "contact us," form on the website and explained what happened. Later the same day my account was fixed.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
You can just say "agent" as soon as the robot starts talking, and then "agent" again when it demands clarification.
Perhaps you've been luckier than I, but I have had that result in being transferred to an American Airlines representative, rather than to an AAdvantage Customer Service representative.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Perhaps you've been luckier than I, but I have had that result in being transferred to an American Airlines representative, rather than to an AAdvantage Customer Service representative.
My apologies. I was basing things off what I do in the normal call-in number (800-433-7300); if the AAdvantage number behaves differently I just don't know, being that I only ever contact them by way of transfer from the EXP desk.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
So is it worth calling in ahead of the flights as we have already had schedule and flight changes. My husband and I purchased PE rt to Milan and the return has been upgraded to business so far and we changed our routing

Last edited by oldvolvo; Dec 6, 2018 at 11:28 am Reason: I spoke to an AA reservation agent about something else, but she assured me they would see the P and post properly.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.9MM and counting, HHDiamond, SPG Plat
Just an update. I went through my year's flights, and found numerous segments/flights that were not credited correctly. I had all the ticket #'s, and paper boarding passes, with the exception of one flight. Had to call several times to get through to the 'right' agent and get it corrected. When they saw that the pattern existed, they applied a fix. Results updated almost immediately. In summery, wound up getting nearly an additional 10,000 EQM's. Thanks to all.
MorganB, allset2travel and aztimm like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:05 pm

Another data point—it’s still happening. It’s been 3 weeks since my trip to/from NRT in P class. EQM still at 1x. Emailed AAdvantage since it’s Sunday.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by wcferg
Another data point—it’s still happening. It’s been 3 weeks since my trip to/from NRT in P class. EQM still at 1x. Emailed AAdvantage since it’s Sunday.
And they emailed back Monday 2pm indicating it’s fixed (and it is).

I provided the post-upgrade ticket numbers in my initial email. I was prepared to reply with the original ticket number, but it wasn’t needed.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Just happened to me as well—was originally booked in PE on LAX-HKG and used a SWU to upgrade to business. EQMs came through as economy at 1.0. I send an email a few days ago—still waiting a response.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Platinum
I upgraded PE to Business class Monday with SWU for DFW to LHR on Tuesday and then connected in coach on BA for LHR to LYS. I mentioned this issue with incorrect EQM credit and the EP agent put a note on my trip. The proper 1.5X EQM for the trip posted. This is important because my wife and I will just pass 150,000 miles for the year with our return today—in PE.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gajs
Just an update. I went through my year's flights, and found numerous segments/flights that were not credited correctly. I had all the ticket #'s, and paper boarding passes, with the exception of one flight. Had to call several times to get through to the 'right' agent and get it corrected. When they saw that the pattern existed, they applied a fix. Results updated almost immediately. In summery, wound up getting nearly an additional 10,000 EQM's. Thanks to all.
Nice job for such detailed record keeping!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
Hi everyone. Is this right? I had a PY ticket and used miles and a copay and got the upgrade for the DFW-HKG leg.

LGA-DFW were comped as I am plt pro.

I have checked your account, and it was credited correctly for your
upgraded travel. You receive AAdvantage®️ mileage credit for the class of
service on which your fare is based rather than the cabin in which you
are seated. The booking code for your ticket reflects a Premium Economy
Class fare, so you earn miles at the standard rate. Bonus miles for
First and Business Class are only earned when members purchase premium
fares; not when they utilize an upgrade award. I'm sorry to disappoint
you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.