Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy

AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy

Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
My PHL-HKG r/t reposted overnight. Strange, as if they hit a magic button nano sorted us all out at once.
Sounds like they're running a weekly batch process.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Just had the same thing happen to me--flew DFW-PVG 8/29-9/3. Ticket was originally booked in P and did a paid/miles upgrade to business roundtrip. Posted with 1.0 on the EQMs instead of 1.5 and the fare class shows up as C now in my activity.

Only a little annoying because with the 1.5 EQM I should have crossed over into Platinum Pro by quite a bit but right now I'm showing up 900 miles short (at $11K EQD). Already cleared my upgrade on my flight later today. I'll give AAdvantage customer service a call after 8am CT and maybe it will be fixed by my flight back on Friday, but I'm going to assume it will happen next week.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
LAX-HKG 8/30-9/2 - Purchased P, then SWU to biz. The flight posted as C with 1x EQM and did not automagically fix itself. I gave it 3 days and then called to get it fixed. The call took about 5 minutes of the agent cross-referencing tickets, but from my side the process was painless. It probably helped that I still had the email with the original ticket number
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:45 pm

I recently flew LAX-PEK-LAX. I booked in P, because the fare was only slightly higher than regular economy. I was able to upgrade both directions using miles and co-pay. After I flew, I was only given 1x EQM and the fare class shows as "Economy (C)." I contacted AA customer service to get the EQM corrected. They corrected the outbound but not the return so I sent another e-mail and now I am waiting to see if I'll get the extra EQM for the return. It's about 3250 EQM each way so it's not a small matter. I hate having to chase down miles.

I have a theory about what happened. When I upgraded using miles, I was put on hold for a very long while they set it all up for me. I think it's possible that upgrading from PE to J is perhaps a bit complicated and that they had to somehow downgrade me to an economy fare before they were able then to give me the C upgrade. Or something like that. I wonder what would have happened in case of IRROPS. I probably would have been treated as an economy passenger instead of a premium economy passenger. Or not, who knows?

I don't know if many people upgrade from PE to J, but I assume that some do so this is just a quick note to say that you need to watch your mileage carefully to make sure it posts correctly.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There’s actually a whole separate thread about this, I believe. You are not alone.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:16 pm

Thanks. Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. I couldn't find the other one.

Anyway, it got resolved pretty easily. I had to send two e-mails to customer service but they corrected the mileage on my account within a day or two each time.
MorganB likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Had another erroneous posting after a W to C upgrade LHR-DFW last week. I wrote AAdvantage CS via email (as I have done about 3x lately when this has kept happening), and this was the reply, where they finally acknowledge a fix for this soon:

Dear Mr. Econometrics,

Thanks for reaching back out to us and I will be happy to assist you.

We have reposted your 10/22/2018 flight(s) from LHR to DFW based on the
eligible fare of your ticket for yourself and your companion.

Also just to let you know we have identified an error in our system that
is causing this to happen and a fix is in the works. In the meantime
we've put in a temporary fix that will update the postings with the
correct Premium Economy class of service within 2 weeks of the flight
posting.

If you have any further questions, please call AAdvantage Customer
Service. To reach us in the United States or Canada, dial 1-800-882-8880
and say 'AAdvantage Account Service' at the Main Menu. Our office hours
are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Central Time.

It's always our pleasure to help AAdvantage® Executive Platinum members
like yourself.

Regards,

Brandi H.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
aztimm likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by econometrics
Had another erroneous posting after a W to C upgrade LHR-DFW last week. I wrote AAdvantage CS via email (as I have done about 3x lately when this has kept happening), and this was the reply, where they finally acknowledge a fix for this soon:
Thanks for sharing this! Hopefully it will be fixed soon. In a few weeks, I'm flying AUS-LAX-PVG (return), where I purchased PE. I've already been upgraded to business (with an SWU) for the LAX-PVG leg (it looks pretty good for the return). Perhaps everything will credit correctly automatically.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Thanks! My notes to CS got my miles fixed in just a few hours so they must be getting used to doing this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Flew LAX-HKG-LAX booked P SWU to C both legs.

posted as 100% EQM. Had to call twice to get it done but it finally got corrected. There were some complications because it was a bulk ticket issued by Chase, but after sending in a screenshot of the original, AA fixed it. Didn’t affect EQDs or RDMs.

I only really cared because the extra 7,260 EQMs are very material to me making 150K EQMs to get my bonus SWUs. If my remaining trip would’ve pushed me over 150K or I was already over 150K with no shot at 200K, I wouldn’t even care.

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Correct EQM Posted after PE->J (Comp) Upgrade

On my recent DFW-HNL r/t I got upgraded on the return. Checked My Account and saw that the return ticket was switched from "P" to "R"/economy, yet I received all my credits correctly, including the EQM.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
On my recent DFW-HNL r/t I got upgraded on the return. Checked My Account and saw that the return ticket was switched from "P" to "R"/economy, yet I received all my credits correctly, including the EQM.
Was that a complimentary PP/EXP or a 500 mile upgrade on DFW-HNL versus a SWU?

I haven't seen this issue with P > R upgrades but rather with P > C.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
Hi was searching to figure why my last 10 trips are posting as regular fares even when using Chase Portal. Just curious - how did you come up with "Just enough points to trigger special fares". Searched but didnt find much useful info on it. Thank you
I don't know where grassyknoll got this idea, but I'm about 99.9% sure it's wrong. Some fares in the UR portal are bulk fares, and some aren't. You can tell which is which by opening up the airline fare rules (the long all-caps nonsense) and searching for "wholesale" in the text. The bulk fares credit as special fares; those without "wholesale" language in the rules are regular published fares and earn normally. Since you can pull up those rules before you make the decision whether to use points, dollars, or a mix, I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter how you pay. Also note Chase isn't particularly special in this regard; if you're looking to do a cash purchase the various OTAs often have bulk tickets too, which can be identified the same way.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.9MM and counting, HHDiamond, SPG Plat
Mileage request doesn't recognize ticket #

AA. Bought paid PE fare, flew flight. Mileage credits as reg Econ fare. No recognition of ticket #when entered on form to seek adjustment. Where to next?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
"No recognition of ticket #when entered on form to seek adjustment"

What does this mean?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.