Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by grassyknoll

mix - I generally book just enough poibts to trigger Special Fares
Hi was searching to figure why my last 10 trips are posting as regular fares even when using Chase Portal. Just curious - how did you come up with "Just enough points to trigger special fares". Searched but didnt find much useful info on it. Thank you
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
PE flight EQM posted as Y

I think there's an existing thread on this, but I can't find it.

I flew DFW-LHR on Saturday night in premium economy (P). I see today that it posted as economy (H). IIRC, people have reported this on flights which they upgraded, but that was not the case here; my systemwide upgrade didn't clear. (My mileage upgrade has cleared for my return.)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Just call AAdvantage Customer Sevice (not the normal reservations numbers) and they will fix it. Whether you cleared an upgrade or not, it's still the same issue of a PE fare posting incorrectly.

Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Just call AAdvantage Customer Sevice (not the normal reservations numbers) and they will fix it. Whether you cleared an upgrade or not, it's still the same issue of a PE fare posting incorrectly.

Yeah, just posting this as a PSA.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
I have a similar situation going one as well. I flew PHL-DFW-HKG on a purchased PE fare. The outbound posted as standard miles. Just landed an hour ago from the inbound (HKG-LAX-PHL) and the TPAC leg posted as standard miles again. I did use mile$ to upgrade to J as well. I'll wait until the LAX-PHL flight posts to see if they catch it.

Here's an unrelated question: My outbound TPAC leg (DFW-HKG) posted sooner than my domestic leg (PHL-DFW). Second leg took hours while the first leg took 2 days to post. My return had the TPAC leg post within hours as well. Why do international legs seem to post so quickly?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I don't think there is any need to call - I had two flights like this earlier in the month and they both were corrected about 8-10 days after the flight without any intervention by me. Strangely I also 1.5 EQM on one of the domestic flights which was booked into H, but showed up as Economy (R). The other domestic flight showed as Economy (H) and earned 1.0 EQM.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
I used to have to call customer service to correct this very same issue and it was happening on every trip booked into PE / upgrade to J with SWU; but on my last trip on Aug 10th, the EQM (1.5X) was posted correctly. I presume AA IT fixed the issue.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
I am still having this issue as of today (so maybe its after a certain date):
  • Ticket was put on hold on July 7th
  • Called in and upgraded using SWU
  • Flights tickets after i paid on the phone
  • Took the flights the weekend of 8/25
Took the trip over the weekend - and all of my miles posted from LAX to HKG - with 7,260 each way (should be 10,890).​​​​​ Just called in and talked to them - and the guy could not see the original P fare - and had to open a ticket.

He said that it would be looked into and could take 1-2 weeks to be updated.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by cubuffaloes2004
I am still having this issue as of today (so maybe its after a certain date):
  • Ticket was put on hold on July 7th
  • Called in and upgraded using SWU
  • Flights tickets after i paid on the phone
  • Took the flights the weekend of 8/25
Took the trip over the weekend - and all of my miles posted from LAX to HKG - with 7,260 each way (should be 10,890).​​​​​ Just called in and talked to them - and the guy could not see the original P fare - and had to open a ticket.

He said that it would be looked into and could take 1-2 weeks to be updated.
They'll likely get it done sooner.

I just had another LHR-DFW P-->C on 19 August post incorrectly. Emailed CS about it and was corrected within 2 days.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by vudoosj
I used to have to call customer service to correct this very same issue and it was happening on every trip booked into PE / upgrade to J with SWU; but on my last trip on Aug 10th, the EQM (1.5X) was posted correctly. I presume AA IT fixed the issue.
Any chance the most recent one was a 500-mile based upgrade versus SWU? Based on an extremely limited sample, it seemed to me like SWU-upgraded fares (to C) were still broken while 500-mile based upgrades (to R) were working correctly.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by jordyn
Any chance the most recent one was a 500-mile based upgrade versus SWU? Based on an extremely limited sample, it seemed to me like SWU-upgraded fares (to C) were still broken while 500-mile based upgrades (to R) were working correctly.
It was LAX-HKG booked in W and upgraded to C with SWU.
1.5X EQM posted 2 days after segment flown.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by vudoosj
It was LAX-HKG booked in W and upgraded to C with SWU.
1.5X EQM posted 2 days after segment flown.
Huh. So, it appears to just be inconsistent at the moment.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by econometrics
They'll likely get it done sooner.
Got an email this afternoon that this had been corrected. Logged into my account and everything now looks correct.

Took about 30 hours total ^
econometrics likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by cubuffaloes2004

Got an email this afternoon that this had been corrected. Logged into my account and everything now looks correct.

Took about 30 hours total ^
My DFW-LHR flight was re-posted overnight as well.

Interestingly, the email from customer service included this bit about my upcoming MUC-PHL-DFW return flight:
Should the return flight
need to be adjusted, I'll make sure to correct it by Tuesday, September
4th.
So they do at least seem to be taking this seriously enough to try to be a bit proactive.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
My PHL-HKG r/t reposted overnight. Strange, as if they hit a magic button and sorted us all out at once.

Last edited by Uncle Nonny; Aug 30, 2018 at 4:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.