FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1880387-aa-wrong-eqm-after-upgrade-premium-economy.html)

JDiver Apr 20, 2018 3:23 pm

All I g about these things all depends on whom you reach - some agents know what they issue is and will correct things on the spot, some will grouse, finally get it and kivk the can down the road and others just are clueless. I have no idea how AA provides and verifies training, but it’s easy to pseudo-listen to CBT and pass the test “well enough” whilst you’re tending to really important stuff, like scrutinizing your nail polish or reading the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue ;).

In the end, it reflects management’s lack of concern over this, though you’d think that even lip service to the efficiency gods would require some better leadership and more verifiable policy dissemination and training. Because at the front lines, some will learn eagerly and take pride in their job, but not all will be so inclined,

bacampbe Apr 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by bacampbe (Post 29661246)
It’s two months later, and this just happened to me. Has anyone figured out the magic words to get the executive platinum deck to understand and fix the problem with minimal hassle?

They fixed mine with a no-hassle 5 minute call this morning. (At least, no more hassle than that of having to make the call in the first place.)

tasty_chicken May 1, 2018 11:01 am

Seems like this is still a issue. I purchased P fare and used SWU for both outbound/return on LAX-HND. It got posted as C fare. Called and was fixed in 5 minutes.

MorganB May 2, 2018 5:59 pm

I upgraded on DFW-ICN from PE (P fare) to J using miles plus co-pay. My flight posted as a C fare Economy ticket. I called and the agent quickly adjusted the fare code to P and the EQM instantly updated. Happened to myself and my traveling companion. Call took about 5 minutes to get both adjusted.

rvolkcpa May 5, 2018 3:40 pm

Upgraded from PEY

Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 29706079)
It's in AA's best interest to upgrade the PE pax instead of the Y pax. That way they can sell an upgrade Y --> PE. Just like BA does.

Two pax on upgrade waitlist. One in Y, the other in PE. Upgrade the Y and that's the end of the ride. Upgrade the PE, then sell an upgrade Y --> PE for additional dollars. If you can't sell it, then upgrade the waitlisted Y to PE and everyone got an upgrade so everyone's happy.

If it ever comes down to a choice between upgrading a Y or a PE, it always makes more sense to upgrade the PE.

My wife and I were fortunate to be upgraded from PEY to Business on Wednesday. So far we've only received 1.0 EQMs per mile flown, even though we would have received 1.5 before the upgrade. If the system doesn't fix this, I will contact AA when we get home.

The food, service and seats on the 787-9 were excellent .

JJeffrey May 5, 2018 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by rvolkcpa (Post 29719661)
My wife and I were fortunate to be upgraded from PEY to Business on Wednesday. So far we've only received 1.0 EQMs per mile flown, even though we would have received 1.5 before the upgrade. If the system doesn't fix this, I will contact AA when we get home.

The food, service and seats on the 787-9 were excellent .

AA's system is broken at the moment so any purchased PE fares upgraded to business are posting as economy. I had the same issue on flights last week. Called AAdvantage Customer Service and the AAgent was well aware of the issue. It will not correct itself so you need to call, AAdvantage CS, not the normal reservations number.

FlyingEgghead May 5, 2018 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by rvolkcpa (Post 29719661)

FYI, there is a thread about this problem.

akarneboge May 5, 2018 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead (Post 29720144)
FYI, there is a thread about this problem.

CS has told me that because it was a voluntary change, regardless of the original ticket, they cannot credit the additional EQMs

asf-07 May 5, 2018 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by akarneboge (Post 29720288)
CS has told me that because it was a voluntary change, regardless of the original ticket, they cannot credit the additional EQMs

And you immediately called back and worked through a different agent, correct?

ijgordon May 5, 2018 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by akarneboge (Post 29720288)

Well, that’s a creative attempt at an explanation. :rolleyes:
I hope you did immediately call back. (And of course, make sure you’re calling Advantage Customer Service, not Reservations. There is a phone number on aa.com for this).

akarneboge May 6, 2018 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 29720482)

Well, that’s a creative attempt at an explanation. :rolleyes:
I hope you did immediately call back. (And of course, make sure you’re calling Advantage Customer Service, not Reservations. There is a phone number on aa.com for this).

Have worked through three different agents and an e-mail that I have not received a response on. The number on the site takes you to regular reservations, so the way that I have found in is through the EP desk, asking for CS. I've given up at this point. This happened on a domestic trip to me as well.

asf-07 May 6, 2018 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by akarneboge (Post 29722495)
Have worked through three different agents and an e-mail that I have not received a response on. The number on the site takes you to regular reservations, so the way that I have found in is through the EP desk, asking for CS. I've given up at this point. This happened on a domestic trip to me as well.

Also, I highly recommend you speak with an AAdvantage Customer Service rep sometime M-F during traditional "business hours". IME you'll have the highest chance of working with knowledgeable agents during that time.

birddogmax Jun 3, 2018 10:01 am

Question Regarding EQM's on Paid Upgrade from Premium Economy

I just returned from a trip to Frankfurt and noticed something I thought was odd when the EQM's posted. On the outbound DFW > PHL > FRA I received 5,925 EQM's on the PHL > FRA segment booked in Premium Economy, which seems about right using the 1.5 multiplier for PE. On the return, which was direct FRA > DFW, I was offered a paid upgrade to Biz from PE at check in, which I accepted. That books into a C fare class, which is what I would expect, but the EQM's received were only 5,143, same as if I had originally booked a regular Economy ticket and upgraded from there to Biz instead of from PE to Biz. I would have thought that since I paid for PE I would at least receive the PE EQM's, which would be 7,715, even though I upgraded to a different class. Am I wrong about this? I'd just like some clarification before I jump on the phone with customer service.

rvolkcpa Jun 3, 2018 10:45 am

Call AAdvantage Customer Service dept during weekday business hours. This happened to us on a LAX-SYD flight and it was easily corrected. There is a thread already on this topic.

EVA Air Jun 3, 2018 11:59 am

I've also had success in e-mailing AAdvantage Customer Service, and they corrected the problem very quickly.