FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA: wrong EQM after upgrade from Premium Economy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1880387-aa-wrong-eqm-after-upgrade-premium-economy.html)

econometrics Feb 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Just happened to me as well... P fare DFW-EZE, used SWU's and got 1x credit on the EQM because the system re-fared me to O. Called AAdvantage and the agent was very clueless. She talked to her "higher ups" and they said she needs to submit it through for an advanced look. Says it will take up to 30 days to have it looked at.

Definitely an IT bug that AA needs to fix.

econometrics Feb 16, 2018 7:46 am

Got an email from AA less than 4 hours later saying they fixed it and adjusted my account correctly. Nice.

matt85 Feb 16, 2018 8:36 am

Did you have non-PE segments on your trip? If so, did those get put into P class with 1.5 EQM too? Because that's what happened with mine at the time. According to fare class, I traveled DTW-DFW in PE... ;)

econometrics Feb 16, 2018 8:40 am

Originally Posted by matt85 (Post 29423879)
Did you have non-PE segments on your trip? If so, did those get put into P class with 1.5 EQM too? Because that's what happened with mine at the time. According to fare class, I traveled DTW-DFW in PE... ;)

No. Just 2 segments DFW-EZE-DFW, both in P fare.

deeruck Feb 16, 2018 9:42 am

Originally Posted by matt85 (Post 29423879)

Domestic segments book into Y, don't they? That earns 1.5 EQM.

matt85 Feb 16, 2018 11:31 am

The AA activity log shows P on all legs. And I'm pretty sure this wasn't a Y fare code initially before AA changed is, as this was a cheap mileage run. IIRC it was O, but I never received the itinerary email so I can't check.

MIAFlyer Mar 9, 2018 6:30 am

AA may have fixed this issue, I just had a LHR-MIA PE segment upgraded with a SWU correctly post.

econometrics Mar 9, 2018 6:46 am

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer (Post 29503986)
AA may have fixed this issue, I just had a LHR-MIA PE segment upgraded with a SWU correctly post.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

grassyknoll Mar 9, 2018 7:21 am

Originally Posted by econometrics (Post 29504039)
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

Same. I had a DFW-ICN with SWU post correctly. The trip was booked through Chase portal and points given according to Special Fares chart in P, as expected.

golfingboy Mar 9, 2018 7:33 am

Originally Posted by grassyknoll (Post 29504145)
Same. I had a DFW-ICN with SWU post correctly. The trip was booked through Chase portal and points given according to Special Fares chart in P, as expected.

Was this purchase through Chase a full points redemption, points+cash mix redemption, or full cash purchase?

Thanks! ^

econometrics Mar 9, 2018 7:37 am

Originally Posted by grassyknoll (Post 29504145)

Very good! I'm sure AA's IT department was alerted to the need to fixing this when quite a few re-credit cases were marched up to them by the fontline agents.

grassyknoll Apr 18, 2018 5:50 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 29504194)
Was this purchase through Chase a full points redemption, points+cash mix redemption, or full cash purchase?

Thanks! ^

mix - I generally book just enough poibts to trigger Special Fares

bacampbe Apr 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Still happening

It’s two months later, and this just happened to me. Has anyone figured out the magic words to get the executive platinum deck to understand and fix the problem with minimal hassle?

msr0013 Apr 19, 2018 3:50 pm

I had the same problem with a flight last week. Called the AAdvantage Desk and the agent argued with me for 10 minutes that 'C' was my original booking class and that I couldn't possibly have booked 'P' because 'P' is a paid business class fare. 😒 She finally at least partially understood and changed the EQM credit to 'Y'. How is it possible that that the AAdvantage agents still don't know what premium economy is?

vudoosj Apr 20, 2018 12:52 pm

NRT-LAX booked as P and upgraded to C, EQM credited as Y. spoke to AA customer service agent who did the EQM correction swiftly. asked if this incorrect miles posting an IT bug and she responded "NOT a bug but sometimes the system works and other times does not."
Sounds like a bug to me but did not want to stay on the phone any longer.