FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   American (PHL-CLT-MCO) or (PHL-MCO) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1879941-american-phl-clt-mco-phl-mco.html)

PHL Dec 4, 2017 10:37 am

Originally Posted by elipisk123 (Post 29124348)
Would it be possible for American to hold the flight, or is that unreasonable?

They won't hold it, but if there is a widespread weather issue it's often a ripple effect and you may find your 2nd leg is also delayed. Too many what-ifs at this point. Since you're locked into the ticket with no recourse but to cancel and rebook again with significant fees and possible fare change, just ride it out and see what happens.

The advice to keep checking your flights to see if they change times is good. They may well change the times to give you a longer connection, or blow it all together in which case you can petition for a re-ticket on another routing (including nonstop).

elipisk123 Dec 6, 2017 5:58 pm

Now, the question is, should I fly standby, or pay for a change fee? I want to fly standby for the flight to MCO but risk not getting a seat. Right now, there is a lot of seats available in Economy, but couldn't that change due to the fact that it's a popular travel time to Florida? The problem with a change fee is risking about whether the seats sell out or not. What do I do if there is a delay and all of the nonstop seats sell out?

elipisk123 Dec 23, 2017 2:36 pm

How to manipulate agent to change connecting to nonstop?

Hi all! Recently, I booked a flight with a 32 min connection going from PHL to MCO, with a 32 min connection in CLT. Is there any way that I can manipulate the agent to give me a nonstop flight? If so, please tell me how?

rjw242 Dec 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by elipisk123 (Post 29209230)
Hi all! Recently, I booked a flight with a 32 min connection going from PHL to MCO, with a 32 min connection in CLT. Is there any way that I can manipulate the agent to give me a nonstop flight? If so, please tell me how?

Why did you book a connecting flight if you wanted a nonstop?

Anyhow, there's a surefire way to "manipulate" an agent into switching you to a nonstop: tell them the flight you want, and pay the change fee.

shaddie Dec 23, 2017 3:23 pm

E

You aren't going to have much luck unless there irrops involved. I am by no means an expert as usually my itinerary is usually real simple.
Good news is they will sometimes hold a flight (especially if international) if last one of the day and the delay is not too long.

Christmas spirit is not in full force. Sorry misread as FCO

Often1 Dec 23, 2017 3:45 pm

"Manipulate?"

You can change your ticket at any time by paying the change fee, typically $200 for a standard discounted ticket.

You can change the ticket on the day of your flight for somewhere between $0 and $75 depending on your status. Why not look on AA's website and find the details?

milesandmoremiles Dec 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 29209433)
"Manipulate?"

You can change your ticket at any time by paying the change fee, typically $200 for a standard discounted ticket.

You can change the ticket on the day of your flight for somewhere between $0 and $75 depending on your status. Why not look on AA's website and find the details?

Same day change doesnt allow for changes in routing.

ibrandsguest Dec 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Keep asking nicely until an agent says yes. Explain the tight connection.

I think you’ll have more success going on an earlier flight to CLT, standby or confirmed.

Segments Dec 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by elipisk123 (Post 29209230)

As others mentioned, one option is to pay the change fee and fare difference for a direct PHL-MCO flight. Other option is when you get to CLT, AA agent will put you on the next direct flight CLT-MCO.

AAExecPlatFlier Dec 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Pay the fee! Pretty bad to to say u are looking to manipulate an agent/system.

Segments Dec 23, 2017 5:41 pm

You've previously asked this question and was given several pieces of good advice. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post29110789

To summarize, your company requires you to fly Valentine's Day where you booked this itinerary with a tight connection in CLT. Your return flight on President's Day via WN was also challenging due to strict departure time and budget constraints.

Might try a company travel agent next time your employer books a "convention" over a long holiday weekend to a popular spring break location with tight budget constraints and strict arrival/ departure times.

Ber2dca Dec 23, 2017 6:04 pm

I don't think you have any chance. A good manipulator never uses the word 'manipulate' and would know how to phrase this in a way less likely to cause negative reactions.

SpinOn2 Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Ummm, pray you get an overly sympathetic agent who isn't smart enough to see you willingly paid for a 32 minute connection. Good luck with that! :rolleyes: Especially in Philly.

PHL Dec 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Your hope is day of flight you see that your PHL-CLT flight has a 2 more more minute delay. At that point you can call or ask an airport agent to reroute you on a nonstop to MCO.

DCP2016 Dec 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Wait for a schedule change? Otherwise you're going to have to pay up, or get an agent who is sympathetic due to the connection time and will re-book you, provided you are not on a Basic Economy ticket. No manipulating needs to happen.