Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SFO security tomorrow morning. How early?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Forgive the lazy approach, but I would like to double check a few things.

I’m flying SFO-LAX tomorrow morning.
  • Is there fast track security at SFO? I don’t have TSA pre-check
  • Is arriving at 6 AM for a 7 AM flight safe enough?
  • Should I expect traffic from the financial district to SFO before 6 AM?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Arriving only an hour before your flight time may be a little tight - especially if you are trying to check bags as well. AA shares T2 with VX and there are a lot of early morning flights. I might trust an hour if I had TSAPre... given your parameters, you might want to give yourself a little extra time... :90 to :120 before flight time.

My :02

cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Fidi to SFO before should be about 20 min or less. Hardest thing will be getting a cab/uber/Lyft.

Security will be average. Precheck would run you under 5 mins, can’t say about regular but should be 15 or less. Yes, there is priority.

Expect the plane to be boarding by the time you pass through security, but no need to rush. SFO is loading at T-40 most days.

if you have admirals club access, you can dip in quickly to grab coffee and a bagel before heading to the gate with time to spare.

​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.