Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Business Saaver Award on BA, 777 or 744

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Looking to redeem miles for wife and I in the future. Currently have 2 return options held with the longest leg on BA metal; 777 to IAH or 744 to AUS. Which is the better product for long haul?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
If you are going to pay the enormous fees to go on BA, at least go with the 744 which AA doesn't have. AA's 777s are all much better than BA's 777s.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by wrp96
If you are going to pay the enormous fees to go on BA, at least go with the 744 which AA doesn't have. AA's 777s are all much better than BA's 777s.
I agree and if the 744, try to get a seat upstairs. Quieter and maybe a bit more room depending on the seat.
I did business in all 3 recently --- BA 777, 744 and AA 777. The AA Business product is much better, will only recommend BA if you have no choice.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
744 no doubt, especially if you can snag the upper deck seats. Window seats in rows 62 and 64 are particularly desirable.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
In addition to the comments above -- I agree -- this past year I was upstairs on a BA 744 00 one was OK, the other excellent, I suspect clearing and dealing with international arrival in Austin would be less nerve wracking.

I would note I find it curious that with AA award travel from Europe, AA almost invariably forces you to use BA instead of their own metal.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jrb CO
Looking to redeem miles for wife and I in the future. Currently have 2 return options held with the longest leg on BA metal; 777 to IAH or 744 to AUS. Which is the better product for long haul?
hands down AA business is superior. BA club world sucks. Bad seats, inedible food and worse IFE (think circa 1998 VS 343).
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by BarryAZ
I would note I find it curious that with AA award travel from Europe, AA almost invariably forces you to use BA instead of their own metal.
Recently booked three biz saver awards for April, RDU-LHR-RDU. I was able to snag seats on the RDU-LHR nonstop outbound, but no luck on the return, so we we are on BA through JFK for the trip home. Fortunately, we were able to get upper deck seats on a 744, which neither my son or wife have flown before. Clearly, judging from the recommended flights provided by AA, they REALLY would have preferred we fly BA for both ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.