Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA's renovated LAX T4 Admirals Club is now open... this is the best AA could do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's renovated LAX T4 Admirals Club is now open... this is the best AA could do?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Reading through this I was wondering - is the reopened T4 AC more crowded than it was when it originally "reopened" in May before closing again to complete construction? It was certainly crowded then but I could always find a seat. Seems strange that it would be worse now with the T5 AC open + the fact Citi Prestige no longer has access - I am curious
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I was just there on Friday, 12/8. Literally not an empty seat available. I'm not exaggerating, literally there were no seats. This includes all bar seats, and the "business center" seats (all two of them in the weird room near the entrance). I mentioned something to the agents who did agree that at that particular time, it was "standing room only."

I literally laughed, turned around, and walked out.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I was just there on Friday, 12/8. Literally not an empty seat available. I'm not exaggerating, literally there were no seats. This includes all bar seats, and the "business center" seats (all two of them in the weird room near the entrance). I mentioned something to the agents who did agree that at that particular time, it was "standing room only."

I was there 9 am yesterday, it was standing room only. Every chair, barstool, table was taken, plus about 25 people just walking around looking for a place to sit, and a few people sitting on the floor.. So....upscale ?
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
I was there 9 am yesterday, it was standing room only. Every chair, barstool, table was taken, plus about 25 people just walking around looking for a place to sit, and a few people sitting on the floor.. So....upscale ?
I was one of them, lol! And yes, I noticed people actually sitting on the floor too, now that you mention it.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4

Crowding issues should become less so when the FL opens. Not only do international pax get to use the FL, but so do MIA and JFK pax.

But nonetheless, yeah, I stopped by the other week and it was very disappointing. I like the new one in T5, though.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Crowding issues should become less so when the FL opens. Not only do international pax get to use the FL, but so do MIA and JFK pax.

But nonetheless, yeah, I stopped by the other week and it was very disappointing. I like the new one in T5, though.

Agree with you on the T5 observation. Was there for 90 minutes on 12/9/17. The "business center" is not private or even segregated. However, everything else in this Admiral's Club came together quite well. The design, lighting and finishes of the space; the location of the bar and buffet; the privacy afforded by the arrangement of the furniture. Every aspect of this T5 lounge is conducive to relaxing and escaping the noise bomb of the terminal.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jcatman
Agree with you on the T5 observation. Was there for 90 minutes on 12/9/17. The "business center" is not private or even segregated. However, everything else in this Admiral's Club came together quite well. The design, lighting and finishes of the space; the location of the bar and buffet; the privacy afforded by the arrangement of the furniture. Every aspect of this T5 lounge is conducive to relaxing and escaping the noise bomb of the terminal.
That's because DL designed and built the space.
naswi, Zacnlinc and Linda Walker like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Bottom line, the space is sIgnificantly smaller than when it was on the other side. Perfectly predictable.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MAH4546

Good point - but I feel 99% of the time I have checked into the T4 AC its people using membership cards - not boarding passes. I guess we will have to see
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by beachfan
Bottom line, the space is sIgnificantly smaller than when it was on the other side. Perfectly predictable.
[bolding mine]

That is 100% right. This is where I have to ask, "what were they thinking?" The T4 AC was crowded even when it was larger.

Maybe they'll have capacity restrictions and have to start shunting people to the FL in cases of overflow.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Good point - but I feel 99% of the time I have checked into the T4 AC its people using membership cards - not boarding passes. I guess we will have to see
I sat at the bar and saw a steady stream of people getting bottled waters with a drink coupon from the bartender. I assume those were people on the 11 am flt to Beijing or the 11:30 to Tokyo. I'm guessing the AC clears out to normal levels after that.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
IME, the LAX T4 AC has always been ridiculously crowded except late at night when it is creepy empty.

I’ve noticed most of the AC’s I use (as a member) are typically crowded (sometimes uncomfortably). LAX, SNA, PHX, AUS, ORD, SFO, LGA. Too many members and boarding pass guests for capacity.

They need to to make it more exclusive, more expensive or basically scale the footprint to handle the traffic.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie
IME, the LAX T4 AC has always been ridiculously crowded except late at night when it is creepy empty.
The LAX T4 club is now less than half and perhaps as small as one third its pre-renovation size.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
I sat at the bar and saw a steady stream of people getting bottled waters with a drink coupon from the bartender. I assume those were people on the 11 am flt to Beijing or the 11:30 to Tokyo. I'm guessing the AC clears out to normal levels after that.
Was there a few weeks ago when they called for the NRT, HND, and PEK flights. The lounge was still crowded, but much less so (i.e. it was possible to find a seat).

What's crazy to me is that there aren't any spaces to do work. The only seats with desk-like surfaces are in the bar area, and we all know how that goes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.