Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA's renovated LAX T4 Admirals Club is now open... this is the best AA could do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's renovated LAX T4 Admirals Club is now open... this is the best AA could do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Do they have food available for purchase? I usually buy a salad for the flight if my upgrade doesn't clear ahead of time, plus I like their egg whites.

I assume the Admiral's Club assistance Booth is closed. The grab and go options there were as good as the buy on board.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I’m there now - Thursday night at 8p. Packed. Lots of noise, few available seats, and they told me over an hour wait for a shower. They’ve got a list with 20+ people in front of me. Doubt I’ll get into it tonight even though I have a few hours. Food is standard AC fare.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by danbrew
I’m there now - Thursday night at 8p. Packed. Lots of noise, few available seats, and they told me over an hour wait for a shower. They’ve got a list with 20+ people in front of me. Doubt I’ll get into it tonight even though I have a few hours. Food is standard AC fare.
From what I've seen in the posted photos, while the remodeled T4 club is more impressive architecturally, the food selection at the T5 AC is better plus they have four large showers. It's only about a five minutes walk.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by danbrew
It was packed at 4pm today as well. I couldn’t find an empty seat.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yeah, I'm getting ready to hit the road - no shower. I thought about walking over to T5 or the other lounge - BA, I think. But I'm lazy. Had some computer work to do and just made it work as is.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Do they have food available for purchase?
No, and they won't until mid-December. I was told that by one of the bartenders on 27 November.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Wow. Just went through here for the first time in a while and first time since the new T4 AC opened. Horrible lounge - significant downgrade vs the old one. Was probably about 80% full which is not good for a Saturday mid-day.

Only redeeming value was that a shower was available.

Also weirdly they only gave me 1 drink chit as a J passenger while DFW gave me 2 and ORD gave me 2 earlier this week as a JL PE passenger.

Last edited by Duke787; Dec 2, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Was here earlier this week. Wow, the place was PACKED! They'd call flight after flight, and a bunch of people would leave for each one, but it seemed like no chairs ever opened up. I and others ended up sharing tables in the bar area.

The bathrooms are not in the best condition, either. Did AA estimate that most of the visitors to the T4 lounge would be FL-eligible pax? Hopefully it will get better when the FL opens.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Who is taking the credit or blame for this? Noon on a Saturday, and LAX is rather quiet. Not inside the Admirals Club.

People walking around like zombies, repeatedly circling and looking for two seats together. Zero privacy once you sit down. It's like sitting in a classroom with the chairs in a circle....you just stare at each other with no ability to diffuse the line of sight.

Want a glass of Federalist Red Blend? It's free at the Centurion Lounge, but Doug Parker wants $13.03 for a glass inside this "haven".

Hard to believe, but the Phoenix Admirals Club in Terminal A is superior to the T4 lounge at LAX. Truly.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by jcatman
People walking around like zombies, repeatedly circling and looking for two seats together.
I laughed out loud reading this. It's too true.

The only private area is in the back corner. Otherwise, it's hard to find solace.

Are there any workstations in this lounge? I didn't see any. IMHO, that's a huge negative.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11

Are there any workstations in this lounge? I didn't see any. IMHO, that's a huge negative.
The only private workstations I saw were behind a door identified as "Men's Room". LOL.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by jcatman
The only private workstations I saw were behind a door identified as "Men's Room". LOL.
​​​​​​​Yes. There are two(?) PCs weirdly positioned in a dark room across the rebooking desks on the second floor.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Any update/guess on when the LAX FL is scheduled to open? Previously some bloggers were predicting this week.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any update/guess on when the LAX FL is scheduled to open? Previously some bloggers were predicting this week.

-FlyerBeek
As far as I know,

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29089566-post896.html
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by radiowell
Thanks. A much more reliable source!

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.