Dfw-jfk bob?

Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Dfw-jfk bob?

Well my SytemWorthlessUpgrade didn't clear for tomorrow's flight does anyone know if they sell fresh meals onboard? They are very tasty actually.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
What time is your flight?

Not sure what you mean by "fresh" meals, but if you mean the sandwiches and salads, then yes, they still have those in economy.

As I learned the hard way on a recent ORD-SFO flight that departed after 8:00pm, though, they only have the "snacks" available after 8:00pm. And I believe up until a certain time in the morning, they only have the breakfast stuff. If I remember correctly, the DFW-JFK flight is midday, so you should be fine, I think.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Yes they sell packaged meals onboard.

And please don't waste SWU on this.
danbrew likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Yes they sell packaged meals onboard.

And please don't waste SWU on this.
it's my transitioning flight to LHR, but thank you for your concern!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
What time is your flight?

Not sure what you mean by "fresh" meals, but if you mean the sandwiches and salads, then yes, they still have those in economy.

As I learned the hard way on a recent ORD-SFO flight that departed after 8:00pm, though, they only have the "snacks" available after 8:00pm. And I believe up until a certain time in the morning, they only have the breakfast stuff. If I remember correctly, the DFW-JFK flight is midday, so you should be fine, I think.
It's the only non stop of the day -- departs at 10:40 am. I hope they have sandwich options not just breakfast.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Breakfast options until 9:45am, sandwich and "light meals" after 9:45am.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
It's the only non stop of the day -- departs at 10:40 am. I hope they have sandwich options not just breakfast.
Will you not have time at DFW to pick up something better, and just carry it on board with you?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Your profile also indicates you're an EXP which means you get a complimentary fresh food item and alcoholic beverage when flying in Economy anyways.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Will you not have time at DFW to pick up something better, and just carry it on board with you?
Most of the QSR are crap at DFW. The lines for McDonalds and ChickFila are as large as the people who stand there. LOL

The au bon pain has great sandwiches but to be honest the chicken wrap is very tasty BOB.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Most of the QSR are crap at DFW. The lines for McDonalds and ChickFila are as large as the people who stand there. LOL

The au bon pain has great sandwiches but to be honest the chicken wrap is very tasty BOB.
I love the Popeyes there though unhealthy, forgot which gate it was, I think it was Terminal C near the kids playground.
You could also enjoy FL in JFK. DFW/JFK is hard to get upgraded (Domestic F sold out, or CK got first).
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update:

J1 this morning after a week of J0 (??) so I'm in 4F so post is moot.

Thx for the replies.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Update:

J1 this morning after a week of J0 (??) so I'm in 4F so post is moot.

Thx for the replies.
Report back on PDB, food, etc. on the aircraft. Plus the experience in the FL at JFK.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcatman
Report back on PDB, food, etc. on the aircraft. Plus the experience in the FL at JFK.

service was excellent. PDB was "water, OJ or anything else". Warm nuts and the two entree choices were the cheesy enchilada or the salad with shrimps on the side. I chose the latter and a cold rice side was served along with a selection of warmed breads. I passed on dessert which appeared to be lemon sort of tart.

The 738 was a TWA liveried aircraft (the 2nd plane that is) and was very warm during the duration.

Im at e FL now and it really is a beautiful club. I asked for two premium chits but didn't need them as its all self serve. 4 different hot dishes mostly rice, pasta, chicken and/or a combo of both. I did not eat as I'll be eating soon on the 789 to LHR.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Did your swu to LHR clear?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Did your swu to LHR clear?

At booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.