Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Quite a "Welcome On Board" (FA consuming banana)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quite a "Welcome On Board" (FA consuming banana)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
If handled properly I think the banana eating could really add a level of mystic to the flight......lol
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: LH HON
Maybe you're more satisfied if your flight will be delayed, because the crew did not have proper time to rest (or eat). Oh no, they're humans - damn!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Have you ever...

Have you ever wondered what life was like between flightsfor your crew? Perhaps the flight attendant was unable to deplane to get food due to short turnaround times? It sounds as if the flight was boarded early and the FA caught off guard.

Unprofessional behavior would be to cram ones face with the banana, perhaps even suggestively. Unprofessional behavior is to disregard contractual boarding times by boarding early without briefing the crew.

Pilots are for the most part able to fend for themselves, get food, and per their contract even are given crew meals, cooked by the flight attendants in addition to the slop they have to cook for you. That's like a slap in the face to begin with. Rarely, do the flight attendants get a moment to themselves for nourishment. Should they only get to eat on their layover where they MIGHT have 8 hours of rest? Did you know that their layover includes watching you slow <redacted> in First Class board and deplane? Did you know that they don't get paid when you bark your pre-departure beverage order at them without so much as a thank you, or shovd your coat in their face without a word? No? I didn't think so.

<redacted>!

You'll find that the end goal for most crew members, even the one stuffing that last minute banana in their face, strive to provide you a nice service even when you are rude to us. So instead of filing letters and risking someone's livelihood, have some compassion!! If our job was anything like yours, we wouldn't be there, <redacted>.
​​​
apeortdz likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 21, 2017 at 4:03 am Reason: Redacted for overly personal and other rules violations
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I would find it hard to believe they don't have a policy that would be violated by eating a banana while greeting boarding passengers.
That is extremely odd as I have never seen an FA eating or drinking anything when boarding passengers
There probably isn't an official policy that explicitly addresses this situation as it should be common sense to any service employee that eating in front of customers is unprofessional. I've never seen the cashier at McDonald's eating a big mac while asking me what I'd like to order.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by B407
There probably isn't an official policy that explicitly addresses this situation as it should be common sense to any service employee that eating in front of customers is unprofessional. I've never seen the cashier at McDonald's eating a big mac while asking me what I'd like to order.
I don't know the policy (as mentioned up thread), but I bet it's far more likely the FA was not properly warned by the GA that boarding was beginning than they were purposefully flouting some policy about eating during boarding. Quite often, I'm coming down the jetbridge and it's clear that the FAs weren't aware boarding had started - usually, they get it together right quick in a professional manner.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I don't know the policy (as mentioned up thread), but I bet it's far more likely the FA was not properly warned by the GA that boarding was beginning than they were purposefully flouting some policy about eating during boarding. Quite often, I'm coming down the jetbridge and it's clear that the FAs weren't aware boarding had started - usually, they get it together right quick in a professional manner.
I would agree that is the likely explanation here, however we should not be dismissive of the issue. If the FAs and GAs can't communicate properly, it can lead to bigger issues. This time it was just the banana where the optics of the situation are not good, but in reality it's not a big deal. Next time, perhaps there could be something that could jeopardize a passenger's safety.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
It isn't often I post on this site because of the nasty nasty comments many others on this site make toward you.
it's just that some people can get wound up about the smallest of issues and make it into a whole "thing." Getting it's own thread.
I think the FA was eating the banana because the OTHER flight attendant had taken all the nuts the passengers were supposed to get and wouldn't share them with her.
The -FA-Eating-Nuts Thread is Yet another over-the-top-I-am-so-appalled thread currently in play here. You won't find the thread about the FA eating nuts unless you look for the over-the-top AA Crew is sharing their Saliva
I mean people, GET A GRIP.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EP
Wonder if the OP was also the one one in school who said “Mrs jones, you forgot to assign us homework”

Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy
Really? Of all the things that are wrong with U.S. airlines, THIS is today's complaint?

Maybe the poor FA had all of five minutes to scarf down a snack after working the flight in, and was caught of guard when the agent started boarding early?

OP needs to get a grip. This thread is a joke.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AA100k
That banana “incident” was quite shocking and would never be tolerated by Asian or ME carriers, well, except for the Emirates FA who poured used champagne back into the bottle in the video that went viral four months ago - now that’s professional!
Or the miscatered Cathay Pacific flight I just took where the FAs halfheartedly tossed us a crappy continental breakfast at 8pm.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread has wandered off topic to become speculative and in some instances highly personalized. The thread will rest now.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.