Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Interline baggage on one award/PNR between airlines without agreements?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver

I think this is a bit of a niche situation/question, but...

I have a DUB-LHR-HKG-AKL-PPT award on BA, CX, and TN which I'm considering changing to DUB-LHR-KUL-AKL-PPT with MH for one of the legs. However MH doesn't have an interline baggage agreement with TN.

If I made this change would we have to manually re-check our bags at AKL where we connect from MH to TN?
Or will our first leg on BA (which has interline with TN) make it work through to PPT?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If MH does not internline with TN, it will not deliver your bags to TN. That is definitionally what interlining is all about. If BA misses that fact and checks the bags through, they still won't be delivered to TN by MH.

In theory, the bag tags should not even print, but senior agents who manually override the system may think they are doing you a favor. They are not.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
If MH does not internline with TN, it will not deliver your bags to TN. That is definitionally what interlining is all about. If BA misses that fact and checks the bags through, they still won't be delivered to TN by MH.

In theory, the bag tags should not even print, but senior agents who manually override the system may think they are doing you a favor. They are not.
Great, thanks. I don't have much experience on one PNR with two airlines without interline but that's about what I figured would happen!

Would I be understanding correctly that the bags would be checked to AKL where we'd then have to recheck to TN for the last AKL-PPT leg?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If expertflyer is accurate, while BA have a ticketing agreement with MH they don't have a baggage agreement.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
If expertflyer is accurate, while BA have a ticketing agreement with MH they don't have a baggage agreement.
Wow, just realised that. I sort of assumed because of OW that BA would have an interline baggage agreement with MH. Did a quick search on a ticket I'd expect BA to connect with MH (CGK, DPS, etc.) and I'm not seeing any MH connections, so EF is probably right.

Scratch this option - not going to recheck bags twice on one ticket (and I feel like AA ticket this anyway despite a confident agent)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.