Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seasonal Route DFW-KEF Reykjavik B757 —> PHL-KEF Jun 2020

Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA established DFW-KEF / Keflavik International Airport for Reykjavik, Iceland, a seasonal route, on 7 June 2018 using a 75L (international, lie flat seats) model 756-200.

AA announced the changing of this flight to PHL-KEF effective 4 Jun 2020 with the same 75L aircraft type.l

Philadelphia – Keflavik, 10:15 pm – 8:00 am, Flight AA232
Keflavik – Philadelphia, 11:00 am – 1:30 pm, Flight AA231
Print Wikipost

Seasonal Route DFW-KEF Reykjavik B757 —> PHL-KEF Jun 2020

Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Harsh shot of storms went right thru the airport at DFW tonight. Major delays.

Really stinks for pax on this one. Wow.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA PLAT PRO
Why are they diverting to BGR? Crew time out or strong winds eastbound?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
A diversion to BGR on the eastbound? That’s awfully unusual, isn’t it?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:52 pm

Now shows departing tomorrow at noon.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Airstat
Crew time out or strong winds eastbound?
Cannot imagine they have a crew waiting in BGR so it has to be something to do with the ability of the plane to fly the whole distance.

Maybe the current political climate means they have to avoid Canadian airspace, so it's a much longer route than usual. (joke)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:18 pm

It appears the Wow Air flight from DFW to KEF also is making a technical stop at BGR.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ashill
A diversion to BGR on the eastbound? That’s awfully unusual, isn’t it?
I have never heard of one. Maybe it's because most eastbound TATL 757 flights depart from the northeast and avoid a lot of the turbulent weather that exits in the middle of the U.S. this time of year. Something a flight leaving DFW would have to encounter.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Talking Glad I Cancelled My Trip To Iceland

My plan was to fly WOW Air from LAX-KEF I found a one way fare for $199 and then take the inaugural flight from KEF-DFW on American flying non rev. Well there are only 27 passengers on the flight and somehow business class is full. On top of that the flight is delayed 16 hours. I feel like that person who misses their plane crash.
wrp96 and econometrics like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:32 am

What a flop of an inaugural flight. Wow.

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by AndyAA
It appears the Wow Air flight from DFW to KEF also is making a technical stop at BGR.
Definitely cannot be weather-induced for WOW, as they are flying an A330 on that route.

And somehow, Icelandair went straight to KEF last night from DFW with their 757...?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
Definitely cannot be weather-induced for WOW, as they are flying an A330 on that route.

And somehow, Icelandair went straight to KEF last night from DFW with their 757...?
On that particular flight, flightstats and flightaware are showing an aircraft substitution, an A321, tail number TF-MOM, which matches with the incoming flight that day. Though, in any event, Icelandair did end up making it with their narrow body.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by econometrics

Yeah, I don't understand, either. Because even though it was scheduled to depart at 1620, it didn't get out until 1850, and at that point there was still bad wind / lightning / rain cutting through the region. I wonder if AA was impacted by crew time out?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by tismfu
Yeah, I don't understand, either. Because even though it was scheduled to depart at 1620, it didn't get out until 1850, and at that point there was still bad wind / lightning / rain cutting through the region. I wonder if AA was impacted by crew time out?
The frame AA was going to use on this was inbound from MIA, and was delayed. Could it be possible the flight crew for the DFW-KEF was actually originating on the MIA-DFW flight? I'm unfamiliar with crewing procedures, but I know MIA has a bigger 757/767 pilot base than DFW.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
My plan was to fly WOW Air from LAX-KEF I found a one way fare for $199 and then take the inaugural flight from KEF-DFW on American flying non rev. Well there are only 27 passengers on the flight and somehow business class is full. On top of that the flight is delayed 16 hours. I feel like that person who misses their plane crash.
So 16 in J and only 11 in Y?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
So 16 in J and only 11 in Y?
Even worse, it seems... (though the planned flight for today was canceled due to the major delay on the inbound)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.