Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seasonal Route DFW-KEF Reykjavik B757 —> PHL-KEF Jun 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA established DFW-KEF / Keflavik International Airport for Reykjavik, Iceland, a seasonal route, on 7 June 2018 using a 75L (international, lie flat seats) model 756-200.

AA announced the changing of this flight to PHL-KEF effective 4 Jun 2020 with the same 75L aircraft type.l

Philadelphia – Keflavik, 10:15 pm – 8:00 am, Flight AA232
Keflavik – Philadelphia, 11:00 am – 1:30 pm, Flight AA231
Print Wikipost

Seasonal Route DFW-KEF Reykjavik B757 —> PHL-KEF Jun 2020

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You'll have access to the Icelandair Saga Lounge. A bit of discussion in the dedicated DFW-KEF thread starting around post #108 . By the rules you're allowed 1 guest as an EXP, 2 will be YMMV (unless you have an AC membership, or Prioriry Pass?).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...7-200-a-8.html
As far as I know, Saga Lounge (not a bad refuge at the busy and antiquated Keflavik) is not Priority Pass, nor do I think they ave a reciprocity agreement with Admirals Club. (I visited last year; as I’m arriving in a few days, but not departing from KEF, I’ll be unable to check it out. Do they offer pieces if hakarl? Brenivin? )

AA apparently has negotiated access for its qualifying flyers. One guest likely if they’re following oneworld access rules, none if strictly premium cabin fliers.

Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.

Access: Business Class / Sapphire Tier / Emerald Tier
Opening Hours: Daily: 05:30 - 17:30

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 11, 2018 at 8:01 am
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Anyone know if the Saga lounge people are happy with the "Executive Platinum" printed on the boarding pass (which I hope AA does print on the BP at KEF, unless it's a contractor issuing BPs at that airport), or do they insist on seeing the physical card? In general, I don't carry all my cards around since it isn't generally necessary, and it's something extra to worry about / lose.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
Anyone know if the Saga lounge people are happy with the "Executive Platinum" printed on the boarding pass (which I hope AA does print on the BP at KEF, unless it's a contractor issuing BPs at that airport), or do they insist on seeing the physical card? In general, I don't carry all my cards around since it isn't generally necessary, and it's something extra to worry about / lose.
if you have an iPhone, you can download the card to your wallet, not sure how Android works. Alternatively, show you status in the app. I don’t remember how the passes were printed. On board entertainment sucks on the 757,so take advantage of the Saba lounges super fast I ter et and download a movie or two.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:13 pm

Amazing availability of MileSAAver Main Cabin seats to KEF. Zip in Business. (I’ve been watching so I can redeposit our AAnytime award seats and take out SAAver Awards, but... )

Next Sunday’s flight shows J4 R4 D4 I4 Y7 B0 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7. U0, C0, E0, T7.

(Of course, finding accommodation if you go to KEF for 30,000 Miles is the real challenge during high season.)
zpaul likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 12, 2018 at 5:25 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:39 am

We departed DFW on time Sunday 19 Aug 2018 in 2A and 2B. Departure unusually was from Terminal D (gate 22), so we “dined” in the interim Premium Lounge. (Offerings included hummus and chewy pita, olives and similar antipasti, tomato basil and another, stew-like offerings of pulled chicken or pulled beef in a white and tomato sauce, respectively. Some desserts like chocolate chip cookies and quarter brownie chunks were on offer, as well as coffees, soft drinks and a bar. The bar service was pretty diffident. The glass of house Sauvignon Blanc was pure plonk crap, the San Pellegrino water from the fridge was lukewarm.

The flight was uneventful other than a minor SNAFU at the DFW gate requiring some adept keying by the agent that delayed our boarding, and the service was pretty much mid-level. PDBs, etc. but service seemed perfunctory if acceptable. We ate prior to flying and can’t comment on dinner service; we had a drink once at altitude and went to sleep. The aircraft was full, the upgrade List was eight (but nobody got one) and there were numerable standby passengers (a few of them made it).

Our window shade was deformed and jammed 2/3 open, so I used two menus to darken the window for expected morning light. The footwell of the window-side bed is narrower than on the aisle seat, so I found only one (13 wide) foot fit at a time, and tall people (I’m 6’4” / 193 cm) will have to sleep with legs drawn up a bit. Casper bedding on this flight included duvet and pillow, the amenity kit a very rubbery smelling bag with sleep mask, dental kit, ear plugs, pen, tiny tubes of moisture lotion and lip balm, socks. Tablets and Bose headsets were doled out once we were airborne to those wanting some IFE.

Breakfast was served 1.5 hours out, choices offered were cheese omelet with potatoes, some fruit and a very sugared Chobani vanilla yogurt, or fruit plate with yogurt, and breads.

We arrived ~1/2 hour early at KEF Gate 5, disembarking from 2L. The immigration queues were short at that time of day. We stopped at the tax free shop for some Brennivin (caraway flavored aquavit also called “svarti dauði“ or “Black Death”, in fact mild and pleasant), by which time our bags were on the carousel.

A stop at the ATMs to the right of the ground transport desks got us some ISK at the bank rate and cost us a ISK 45 fee, iirc. (ATMs in the arrivals corridor only offered foreign currency, including USD, GBP, EUR.) From there, outside and a taxi cab to our hotel (the shuttle vans, $51 per person, which drop you at the hotels instead of bussing to the BSI terminal and switching to vans, apparently had departed and no other shuttle was available).
econometrics and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
The aircraft was full, the upgrade List was eight (but nobody got one) and there were numerable standby passengers (a few of them made it)..
My good friend on the flight with you in J was upgraded about 7 days before departure, I believe. He's EXP with low rolling EQD.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Well more drama for this flight
They deboarded 232 tonight as the captain was removed from the flight after boarding complete for unclear reasons. Unclear eta. Just fyi to anyone checking, the 757 does not have in-seat entertainment.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gates_2
Well more drama for this flight
They deboarded 232 tonight as the captain was removed from the flight after boarding complete for unclear reasons. Unclear eta. Just fyi to anyone checking, the 757 does not have in-seat entertainment.
Or lie-flat seats on the 757. We did well with BA, LAX-LAS-LHR-LAX on a 747 business, with LHR-KEF roundtrip in between. On the latter, first class not worth it, they just use regular coach seats and block the middle seat. Flight is about 3 hours.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by catcher1
Or lie-flat seats on the 757. We did well with BA, LAX-LAS-LHR-LAX on a 747 business, with LHR-KEF roundtrip in between. On the latter, first class not worth it, they just use regular coach seats and block the middle seat. Flight is about 3 hours.
The 757s have lie-flat seats.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat

Welcome to BA Club Europe. As a datapoint the flight is 100% full. 18 on the upgrade list 0 cleared at the airport.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA PLAT PRO
they use the 75L which does have lie flat seats. You do have to cross over the person in the aisle if your in the window. I would take that over BA cramped club euro any day.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I flew DFW-KEF and back last week. My SWUs cleared both ways. The best seats in business class on the 75L are in Row 1 because the foot wells are larger than those in the rows further aft; if you have to sit in Row 2, 3, or 4, the aisle foot well is slightly larger than the same-row window foot well. Take an aisle seat if you don’t want to engage in the gymnastics that is otherwise required to step over your seat mate from a window seat. IFE is provided via Samsung Galaxy tablets; the movie selection is decent. The Saga Lounge in KEF was very good and sparsely populated in the morning when AA’s flight from KEF-DFW departs.
JDiver, GTITAN and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Djokison

The 757s have lie-flat seats.
Thanks, I was unaware of that. Good to know.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:04 pm

Thanks, I was unaware of that. Good to know.
Same product as used in the transcontinental A321T Business cabin.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by JDiver
Same product as used in the transcontinental A321T Business cabin.
not totally accurate....LUS ripped out in-seat video.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.