Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA newbies working F because these PAX are divas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA newbies working F because these PAX are divas?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Am I DIVA because ...

1. I spent extra $ to sit in a better seat?

2. I would like a PDB, instead of watching the FA's do EVERYTHING but?

3. I would apreciate an "upgrade" in FA attitude, from walk on to walk off, and everything in between.

4. I understand service, and kind of expect it when I pay for it? I worked as a waiter and bartender in college (so to come out debt free).

(self redacted)

Last edited by Dallas49er; Nov 14, 2017 at 2:58 am Reason: Self redaction
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SQ does something similar, but IIRC it requires three years of experience as a FA in coach plus good evaluations to be permitted to train to work in business class.
Good luck with that here!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wetrat0
On the flip side, most new FA would probably be eager to work F because it comes with extra pay (it's a $ amount per hour, not a %, so it is a comparatively bigger amount for those who are low on the salary scale).
Nothing in the FA agreement about extra pay for working premium cabins.

Originally Posted by texmanufan
Was not aware there was increased pay for meal service but at least in these these two flights I speak of, service was nuts/snacks and drinks.
There isn't any increased pay.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I prefer an FA who is a new hire, because he/she still actually enjoys the job.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
On #123 to HNL a few years ago, there were two FA's working the F cabin, (then on a 767-300) who appeared to us to be in some kind of "training". English wasn't their first language, and during the service, each was shadowed by another FA, who stood by their side, observing, but didn't speak. Their service was amazing btw.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
IIRC (and now I'm not going to be able to find it) there was some academic work that compared peak in FA productivity (speed and quality of service) vs. peak in pay scale. Service was best with two years of service but pay increases steadily, maxing out at about 12 years at AA/DL/UA. Add seniority bidding on top of that and it's a very difficult labor management problem.

https://www.apfa.org/hotlines-2016/4...t-sharing-plan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.