Aa crew sharing their saliva with you

Old Nov 11, 17, 4:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott, Hilton Diamond, National
I saw this happen once before. I don't really eat many of the nuts, so I just ignored it and didn't eat any on that flight.
Old Nov 11, 17, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Originally Posted by Recondite View Post
Pretty sure in bars the concept is that you drink more?
That's certainly another advantage. My comment was on the health/sanitation aspects. Germs don't do well trying to live on salty foods.
Old Nov 11, 17, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
This is what I love about Flyertalk - well informed microbiologists weighing in on issues like this one with profound expertise. Lolz.
You need to be a microbiologist to know that salty foods kill most bacteria? Maybe you just needed to stay awake in school. @:-)
Old Nov 11, 17, 10:21 pm

In the case of nuts, I really think all airlines should have only individually sized bags for each passenger for this exact reason. Even in premium cabins, a dish or bowl can be provided, but it should be prepared in front of the passenger with a sealed bag.

Would also eliminate waste from people not eating nuts.

Reminds me of Hyun-ah Cho from KE, nutgate.
Old Nov 11, 17, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
In the case of nuts, I really think all airlines should have only individually sized bags for each passenger for this exact reason. Even in premium cabins, a dish or bowl can be provided, but it should be prepared in front of the passenger with a sealed bag.
Maybe they should only serve sealed Hungry Man dinners onboard as well, just to be safe?

Oh but wait, those would've been handled by humans at the factory, so they could still be contaminated.

Guess we'll all just have to starve to death.
Old Nov 11, 17, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Here's the thing...

....Optics

The best restaurants are not all squeaky clean nor do all employ the most professional of staff. But we all accept that we go to the restaurant for the dining experience and generally ignore what we might know, but can't see.

Sure, it's unprofessional that a FA might have been selecting pecans for his personal enjoyment from what should be served to paying customers. If he did that and he kind of admitted it, despite claiming they were for the crew.

The problem is that OP and spouse saw whatever it is they saw and they were a wee bit grossed out by it.

Either file a complaint to AA or file a complaint to the local health department that handles food service or bring your own nuts or ask for a sealed package from wherever it is they keep them.
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Here's the thing...

....Optics

The best restaurants are not all squeaky clean nor do all employ the most professional of staff. But we all accept that we go to the restaurant for the dining experience and generally ignore what we might know, but can't see.

Sure, it's unprofessional that a FA might have been selecting pecans for his personal enjoyment from what should be served to paying customers. If he did that and he kind of admitted it, despite claiming they were for the crew.

The problem is that OP and spouse saw whatever it is they saw and they were a wee bit grossed out by it.

Either file a complaint to AA or file a complaint to the local health department that handles food service or bring your own nuts or ask for a sealed package from wherever it is they keep them.
I know the health department responsible for inspecting my local restaurants, and I know exactly who to complain to, and who has enforcement power over health code violations if a local eatery violates the health code.

The local health department is powerless to enforce state or local law upon an airline whose employee practices terrible hygiene and contaminates food. Federal regulation also doesn't provide any easy avenues for correction. There's not a good solution, in the current system, for the situation OP found them in. Best thing to do is refuse nuts as they did and file a complaint while praying the airline does something about the disgusting employee.
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:29 am

This kind of ignorance is dangerous.
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:43 am

Programs: SkyMiles
I definitely read this as salvia and thought it was weird to be smoking that on an airplane 😩
Old Nov 12, 17, 8:59 am

Had almost exactly the same thing happen early this year on AA. Either DFW or PHX to ONT. except that the FA was picking them out of the bowls after they had been plated for service. And you can see just fine into the galley from 1A on a night flight.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 17, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
why would my status with AA matter?
if I am a nobody, it is OK for the guy to fondle the nuts?
Old Nov 12, 17, 9:27 am
Original Poster

we have a PHOTO. we were sitting first row left side
he was in the galley right side.
there.
Old Nov 12, 17, 9:28 am
Original Poster

they are not HEATED, nor roasted.
they are just warmed over.
Old Nov 12, 17, 9:30 am
Original Poster

but they did!
this was international flight and we had a full food service
Old Nov 12, 17, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott, Hilton Diamond, National
Hi! Just a little tip - when you just keep responding, we don't know who you're responding to. It's recommended to use the "quote" or "multiquote" function, so we know which posts you're replying to.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: