Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rebooked w/in 30 minutes of departure, then denied check-in -- who was right?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rebooked w/in 30 minutes of departure, then denied check-in -- who was right?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
DCA enforces the 30-minute deadline even at the Shuttle gate counters.
According to AA here, https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...&title=shuttle , the check-in time requirement for the shuttle is only 20 minutes (if traveling without checked baggage). Is AA enforcing a longer, 30 minute deadline?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:36 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
How would it have played out if OP asked a check-in agent for a pass through TSA since he was "meeting an aged relative on an incoming flt"?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
How would it have played out if OP asked a check-in agent for a pass through TSA since he was "meeting an aged relative on an incoming flt"?
Probably better.

A handful of years ago, my companion forgot to print his BP at the office before heading to the airport (this was before mobile check-in) and the traffic to LGA was horrendous. We weren't checking bags, but we just missed T-30 and he couldn't get a new BP printed (I believe he was already checked in though) at the kiosk or ticket counter. went to the gate, and the agent there got on the phone with the ticket counter and told them how to print some type of "dummy" boarding pass that would get him through security. It worked and he made it just in time.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've given up even asking AA ticket counter staff if I don't need to check a bag. Do whatever it takes to get setup where the kiosk can get you what you need. Then cancel/redeposit from the other side.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
+1

If you are checked in for your flight and don’t have bags, the ticketing agents can ***ALWAYS*** reprint a boarding pass until you’ve been offloaded from a flight (so around D-10). Just takes a second of typing. Usually they’ll tell you you’ve missed your flight or it’s too late. Not true. They may grumble and whine but it is fully within their capabilities to reprint, just find someone willing to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.