Wiki Posts
Search

Was there a CK equivalent on US?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Was there a CK equivalent on US?

I was Chairman on US for nearly 10 years prior to the merger with AA. Now I am EXP. There is a lot of talk now about CK on AA. It makes me curious if there was an upper status beyond Chairman on US. Does anyone know?

For the increments, it was/is:
US - Silver, Gold, Platinum, Chairman, ... ??
AA - Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum, ... Concierge Key

Ancillary question: What are the similar levels at UA and DL?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
I'm honestly not sure if US had a level about Chairman. United has Global Service and Delta has 360.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Even AA didn’t really have a level above EXP. Originally, my understanding is that Concierge Key was given to travel account managers and didn’t have formal higher priority for upgrades than EXP. In fact, some CKs weren’t even EXP; you could be CK and Platinum or even Gold. I believe that CK now comes with automatic EXP status.

UA has had Global Services as a formal level above 1K (with unpublished qualification requirements) for a long time.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ashill
Even AA didn’t really have a level above EXP. Originally, my understanding is that Concierge Key was given to travel account managers and didn’t have formal higher priority for upgrades than EXP. In fact, some CKs weren’t even EXP; you could be CK and Platinum or even Gold. I believe that CK now comes with automatic EXP status.

UA has had Global Services as a formal level above 1K (with unpublished qualification requirements) for a long time.
CK works the same way as GS. It's basically an official level above EXP starting this year.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I had "US AIRWAYS TOP 500" at the top of a few statements when I accumulated 500K in a year. But the suspician at the time was that it was for internal reference and wasn't supposed to go out (a few folks had it for just 2-3 months and it was never seen before or since) - there certainly wasn't anything documented.

Various folks received invites to events, gifts, etc., over the years, but nothing programmatic related to flying.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
CK works the same way as GS. It's basically an official level above EXP starting this year.
Right, starting this year. But it wasn’t like GS for pmAA, which I was comparing to pmUS.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Semi off topic but while walking down the jetway of my Dfw-MSP flight the dude in front of me had a Chairmans tag hanging off his roller lol
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by enviroian
Semi off topic but while walking down the jetway of my Dfw-MSP flight the dude in front of me had a Chairmans tag hanging off his roller lol
Wasn't me but could have been ... still have a Chairman's tag on my backpack. Miss LUS. Was treated much better as a Chairman than I am as an ExP.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Segments
Wasn't me but could have been ... still have a Chairman's tag on my backpack. Miss LUS. Was treated much better as a Chairman than I am as an ExP.
Me too!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:13 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Segments
Was treated much better as a Chairman than I am as an ExP.
I was treated much MUCH better as an AA pre-merger EXP than as an AA post-merger EXP.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
The answer is yes. They ran a trial program in 2006 or 2007. They called it "Executive Services". I was in the trail. They canceled it after about 4 months. But got to get the benefits for the rest of the year.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
The answer is yes. They ran a trial program in 2006 or 2007. They called it "Executive Services". I was in the trail. They canceled it after about 4 months. But got to get the benefits for the rest of the year.
So, please do tell --- what were the benefits beyond CP?

I too was a long time CP and the benefits back in the early 2000's were great --- I remember when they would routinely call inventory management for BOTH domestic and international flights to clear upgrades that had otherwise not cleared as a matter of course. I never missed an upgrade on any route (with carefully chosen flights, of course) back then. Now I only purchase F on AA --- not worth the hassle to me of sweating out upgrades, many of which I would undoubtedly not get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.