Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So close to Platinum. What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

So close to Platinum. What should I do?

I will be 210 miles from platinum this year by the end of the year. Short of jumping on a flight to get the 210 remaining miles, has anyone had any luck calling customer service to see if they will work with you? My last flight is on Dec 31 so I would need to call them before then. Anything that I should say or try?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by finger123
I will be 210 miles from platinum this year by the end of the year. Short of jumping on a flight to get the 210 remaining miles, has anyone had any luck calling customer service to see if they will work with you? My last flight is on Dec 31 so I would need to call them before then. Anything that I should say or try?
Can you change the routing on your last flight to a longer one? AA no longer offers a "grace" status exception, so your options are to fly the miles or take a buy-up offer if you receive one.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
You should have a buy up offer linked to your account. Log into your account and there should be a link to "Elevate your Advantage Elite Status" on the lower left. Depending on a combination of EQM/EQS/EDQ already flown, you will see a dollar figure to buy up to Plat for next year.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I talked with AA and I am going to actually purchase a 1st class ticket for one of the legs and that will double the miles associated that leg and throw me over the threshold. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.