Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

seat assignment on LATAM codeshare ticket with AA metal

seat assignment on LATAM codeshare ticket with AA metal

Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Question seat assignment on LATAM codeshare ticket with AA metal

How do I select a seat assignment on an American Airlines operated flight ticketed by LATAM and with a LATAM codeshare?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
You need to find the PNR recorded in the AA reservation system, which will be different than LATAM's PNR. I would expect the information is buried somewhere in the info that you received from LATAM or your travel agent when you booked. You then go onto AA.com and search by your name and PNR.

If you attached an AAdvantage number with your reservation, then you should just be able to login and look under my trips. I was in the same boat on a flight a couple of months ago and that's how I did it.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.2MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I use Qantas website to get the AA reference code (although I have never tried it with LATAM, but other airlines have worked well).

Also AA's website may not complete the association on the first try, but it always seem to work on the 2nd try about an hour later.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.