Blowing through EXP SWUs already

Old Nov 4, 17, 7:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by andersonCooper View Post
For your second comment, I've heard of the fire incident in HKG and this week's kitchen disaster so far.
This has been covered, ad nauseam, in the dedicated LAX-HKG thread. If interested, feel free to review. No need to rehash, yet again in this thread.

Regards
Old Nov 4, 17, 7:22 am

Programs: AA, CX, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
You are incorrect regarding admittance to the CX arrivals lounge, assuming travel on AA metal.

Source: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html

Regards
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
This has been covered, ad nauseam, in the dedicated LAX-HKG thread. If interested, feel free to review. No need to rehash, yet again in this thread.

Regards
Yeah thanks for pointing that out. Too used to flying with CX directly from east coast and forgot AA metal does not qualify for Arrival.
Old Nov 4, 17, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by andersonCooper View Post
True. I am always less impressed by AA's catering. Also, for EXP, if your final destination is HKG, you could use CX Arrival. Maybe the worst HKG CX lounge, but it's a CX HKG lounge...
CX Arrival is CX metal only. I’ve been in there before, tiny! The Plaza Premium Arrivals is across the hall and works with Priority Pass Select. They’re both operated by Plaza Premium Staff.
Old Nov 4, 17, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DFW DL View Post
Consider yourself fortunate that you've been able to use them, especially to HK. Since I won't risk a waitlist on a Y->J upgrade, I have a bunch that I haven't been able to use.
if your expectations are to clear every SWU at booking, then you probably won't have a good experience.

Used all four of my 2017 SWUs on Y-->J longhauls between between March and April of this year. Two cleared at booking, two off the waitlist.

Still haven't missed an SWU request as an EXP.