Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by MAH4546

That's just a datapoint for the struggles to return to (or rather start having) functioning IP, as LAXLHR is the lonely route that has never been affected by Parker's LAX catering budget cut trial.
Originally Posted by diver858
Dec 23 AA 2599 (LAX-MBJ redeye) just under 6 hour travel time. Flight was ready to leave 15 minutes early, waited for "catering". At the last minute, uniformed AA agent came down the jetbridge with some plastic bags, handed them to F FA. Learned after takeoff that they contained chicken wraps and salads, former in a white cardboard box, latter in a clear plastic box - no fruit and cheese platter
"Paid" for F (using Citi points) - worth asking for some type of compensation?
Surprised they even cater LAXMBJ as it is a red eye. I think that's more than you would have otherwise gotten, or maybe they treat the LAX-Caribbean runs more properly. Parker made sure to end red eye catering sans three routes (JFKLAX, MAILAX, JFKSFO) post merger.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by beyond
J menu on 27 LAX HND 26DEC - appears to be a version of JAL J, but can't comment on comparison to JAL food:

LAX-HND J class menu 26DEC
I just took AA27 on 12/29.
The FA told me no sundae on this flight because the catering is the one JAL uses.
But AA26 HND-LAX stays the same as before.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Surprised they even cater LAXMBJ as it is a red eye. I think that's more than you would have otherwise gotten, or maybe they treat the LAX-Caribbean runs more properly. Parker made sure to end red eye catering sans three routes (JFKLAX, MAILAX, JFKSFO) post merger.
We take the SAN-MIA redeye several times per year, current practice appears to be fruit and cheese or humus plate, was expecting the same, flight attendant appeared as surprised as I by the last-minute wraps and salads.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:53 am
Suspended

Almost everything is changing again:

Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Almost everything is changing again:

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/949087084152868865
Catering roulette! Place your bets for March!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I wonder how many flights will go out as non-catered (or late, if possible) due to catering being late because of wrecks or traffic getting to LAX.

But hey.. who cares.. it's probably cheaper, right?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm

This level of complication is self imposed by AA. I guess should have seen it coming, why solve something in a month or two when you can drag it for many months? Too funny and sad.
bchandler02 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I'm flying LAX-HKG in F in a few days. No option to choose a meal in advance on the web site. That should be interesting . . .
I'm on that flight, in F, on 19-Jan and still no dice (as others are experiencing above it looks like)... so, yes, marginally concerned...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
My datapoints:
I can pre-order my LAX-PEK next week (mid-January).
I cannot pre-order my LAX-HKG, the last week of January.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
My datapoints:
I can pre-order my LAX-PEK next week (mid-January).
I cannot pre-order my LAX-HKG, the last week of January.
That's because resolution of the Listeria Hysteria situation is still "fluid".
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jcatman
That's because resolution of the Listeria Hysteria situation is still "fluid".
“fluid” is being too nice.....INCOMPETENT is more like it.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:44 pm

I arrived at T-4 last night and as I was heading to baggage claim I overhead an announcement by the gate agent for everyone to calm down and give the employees time to set up the food. I looked over and saw a bunch of fruit and not sure what the other crap was, as the horde of people surrounding it blocked my view. It was a mess and not a good way to start a flight. I had a quick laugh thinking back to this thread.
Zacnlinc and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Call me crazy but isn’t it bad when your best customers have such a negative opinion of your company, service, management etc? Yes, we have choices but those are very limited these days.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Data Point. 22Jan LAX-NRT FLT # 169 in J. Able to choose from 5 online options. Same for rtn a few days later. I'll report back as to whether I actually get what I chose.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The meal service in F on flight 172, LAX/JFK, today was quite good. There was no opportunity to pre-order but there was a menu at my seat (1A) when I boarded the aircraft. The menu stated that the selections were inspired by Sam Choy. It further stated that the wine list was selected in cooperation with Intervine. For my small plate I selected a tomato and goat cheese strata with a pickled ginger vinaigrette. It was very good and I would definitely select it again given the opportunity. The salad was also quite good with fresh strawberries, hearts of palm, and a pineapple vinaigrette dressing. For my main plate, I opted for pan seared crab cakes with jicama slaw and a tomatillo poblano cream sauce. I'm a big fan of crab cakes and these were quite excellent. All in all, it was a great flight with good food and a great cabin crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.