Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I just got back from doing 193 to HKG last week. It may have been updated since, but catering had not been fixed. Contrary to what the LAX club folks had been advising that same evening (that it had been fixed), when we got on board, it was a choice of "chicken or pasta", and this applied to F. I'm not sure what J had but presume it was similar. Now, that said, the meal wasn't all that bad (I was there to sleep), it was presented relatively well, and the FAs made up for it in service (kudos to them) -- the meals I believe were catered in DFW and were the domestic F meals, including the breakfast options. Alcohol was also impacted, so none of the premium transpac wines were available - it was a choice of the "red or white", again, probably reflective of being catered as domestic F provision out of DFW.

In any case, I didn't blame the FAs, or even AA for the decision. I'd much rather forego the meal and instead be well at my destination. But I did blame the LAX club agents as they were confidently announcing that all was fixed when proceeding into the lounge, when in fact it wasn't and thereby eliminated our opportunity (or need) to get a voucher and a half-decent meal at LAX prior to the flight.
Bolding mine.

As a goodwill gesture, why not purchase and supply some fantastic wines in Dallas and use those on all flights being catered out of DFW? Total BS to have paid for F or upgraded to F on a flight to HKG and be asked "red or white". Shameful BS.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jcatman
As a goodwill gesture, why not purchase and supply some fantastic wines in Dallas and use those on all flights being catered out of DFW? Total BS to have paid for F or upgraded to F on a flight to HKG and be asked "red or white". Shameful BS.
I don't think Dougie's much into goodwill gestures, unless it's at a pub somewhere.
Plus AA makes more money by not catering the flights. At this point, anyone that continues to fly AA ex-LAX has only themselves to blame.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP

Here are the menus from LAX - HKG Dec. 1. I didn't eat since I'd had a nice meal in the Qantas lounge, and have never taken this AA long haul route so can't compare.
lhood likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by michaelpop

Here are the menus from LAX - HKG Dec. 1. I didn't eat since I'd had a nice meal in the Qantas lounge, and have never taken this AA long haul route so can't compare.
Looks like someone didn't double check if chicken sausage was vegetarian 😂
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Menu is the same on tonight's 193 as what was posted above

catered by FFG
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat 4 MM, SPG Lifetime Plat
Any Pics of the wine list for Flight 193?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
No printed wine list - but the red choices in J were a Pinot noir or cab so appears to be back to fairly normal catering, not just red or white domestic wine catering. Didn't catch the champagne
lhood likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Spire Ambassador, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Is anyone able to choose meals for the LAX- Hong Kong flight 193? I don't leave until Dec. 24th but I still don't have an option to pre order the meals. It looks like there is now full catering on this flight.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
never mind

Last edited by serfty; Dec 4, 2017 at 6:19 pm Reason: DELETEME
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by lds89
No printed wine list - but the red choices in J were a Pinot noir or cab so appears to be back to fairly normal catering, not just red or white domestic wine catering. Didn't catch the champagne
Anything would be better than the swill they served last week. I took one sip and gave it back.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
AA 27

Here was the menu for AA 27 LAX to HND on 12/1 in business (pre order on AA.com was never available).

For or what it’s worth - as we were getting off the plane the flight attendants were speaking about the new caterer and how much better the food was - especially the Japanese option.
Linda Walker likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by lawest74
Is anyone able to choose meals for the LAX- Hong Kong flight 193? I don't leave until Dec. 24th but I still don't have an option to pre order the meals. It looks like there is now full catering on this flight.

I just booked my trip today which departs on Monday. I used a SWU to upgrade. Is there a way to pre-order meals? This post reminded of having this option after following this thread that hasn't affected me until this very moment.

Thanks,
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by ECKOA6
Looks like someone didn't double check if chicken sausage was vegetarian 😂
Ha! From the formally printed menu, posted after, looks like it was mistitled and should read "mixed vegetable frittata".
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
LAX to DFW (AA 2462)

Took this flight on Sunday December 3rd and they had prepackaged cold meals in first class. Was offered a prepackaged salad or a box lunch that had a turkey wrap in it.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cubuffaloes2004
Took this flight on Sunday December 3rd and they had prepackaged cold meals in first class. Was offered a prepackaged salad or a box lunch that had a turkey wrap in it.
Sounds like they're testing the new domestic catering standard before the nationwide roll-out.
cubuffaloes2004 and no1cub17 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.