Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by RJ1
Is there any pattern of whether one receives a future travel credit voucher or the meal voucher (for day of travel)? Are people receiving BOTH, or just one or the other?
​​​​​​
I'm in paid J tonight on AA83 to AKL. My AS Mileage Plan number is on the booking and not my AAdvantage number. I got no email, no voucher, no warning from AA until the flight attendant apologized for it before we pushed (for the second time, but that's a different story).

So the pattern might be that only people with aadvantage attached to their reservation get vouchers.

Granted I knew about the issue from friends and not living under a rock, but still, nothing from AA at all is pathetic when the guy across the aisle is talking about the voucher he got.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flew LAX-BOS redeye last night. FA was very apologetic and gracious. Told us he had plenty of water, that he could brew coffee, and would do whatever he could.

All this in addition to the fact that at each seat, we also had a bag with a chicken wrap, Vickie's potato chips, assorted cookies (chocolate, coconut macaroon, sugar cookie), and a bottle of water. So, even more than you'd usually get on a redeye.

If this is indicative of how AA has handled other west-east non-Flagship transcon redeyes out of LAX, then I think they've done well by their passengers, in that regard.

If compensation arrives in an email, I'll certainly take it. But I'm not going to chase after it.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
On board LAX-RDU now. No meal vouchers available at the gate because we'll be getting "something" (gate agent's words). Flight attendant has advised us there's no liquor, beer or wine.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
On board LAX-RDU now. No meal vouchers available at the gate because we'll be getting "something" (gate agent's words). Flight attendant has advised us there's no liquor, beer or wine.
Wonderful
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:44 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by AC*SE
On board AA1024, LAX-MIA. Can confirm fully catered including pre-ordered entrées, PDB's, glassware, the lot.
Any other reports on LAX-MIA flights? I'm traveling this week in paid J. Hoping all the MIA flights are now fully catered.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I don't get the reports on lack of booze. Surely a catering facility that has stopped preparing food can still supply alcohol.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
On AA 181 to PEK - Fully catered - Nov 12

Catered by Air Fayre and not GG. One of the four international flights AA contracted to them last year.

Edit: into last 4 hours of flight and no missing service items. This has been a fully catered flight including meals, snacks, wines and other beverages

Last edited by NickP 1K; Nov 12, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Flying out tomorrow night on AA193, award saver business. Just got a $200 voucher in my email.

Last edited by Eneka; Nov 12, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's the "meal" on AA 1535 LAX-RDU this morning. They also had a salad option:

I might add that in addition to no booze and minimal food, they also had no headphones and claimed it was due to the catering issues (?)
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
No "Media" attention. Why?

How come the "media" hasn't jumped all over this?

A. Lysteria is not a "trendy" disease?

B. 1st world problem?

C. No one was dragged off an airplane?

D. Passengers complaining about a LACK of "airline "food"' is of no interest?

E. AA only cares about revenue-service is a concept.

F. Subtle cost cutting under the new expense reduction program. Heaven forbid management salary reductions

G. Your own answer here.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
How can anyone see this as a cost cutting measure?

Giving out $50 - $100 travel vouchers, paying a premium for available second sources is expensive, not to mention the overtime, management distraction for AA catering support staff.

Parker cares about premium, high revenue customers, who are greatly affected by this event, expect his team is paying close attention, expediting resolution.

Reasonable to expect this event to cost AA $$$, which they will likely claw-back from Gate Gourmet.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Fully catered with expected "level of quality" food & beverage for J and F, or the domestic F that has been reported before?

And have a great flight and enjoy London!
Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy.

I got upgraded to J on that flight and can confirm the catering was totally the usual level of quality. They had a printed menu with four entree choices, and everything conformed to the menu.

My choice "surf and turf" was really good, in fact.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
LAX-NRT in J today. Paid J.

Got email a day earlier saying we will get $200 voucher (didn't get the actual vouchers though...)

At check in asked, agent had no idea if there is food or not (this was at LAX)

Was not at the gate waiting so not sure of announcments

On board, no menus and no apologizes / information what so ever. First question about meal was "would you like Beef steak or beef enchiladas? Chinese gentleman next to me was very confused of no menus / no options. Crew was one of the worst ones in a long time and took no effort what so ever to make situation better.

I am confused why this keep going on, surely there are more catering options at LAX?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy.

I got upgraded to J on that flight and can confirm the catering was totally the usual level of quality. They had a printed menu with four entree choices, and everything conformed to the menu.

My choice "surf and turf" was really good, in fact.
No worries! Glad it worked out so nicely..
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by dciolli
+1

I received a $100 voucher for my LAX-ORD flight in Y last weekend (didn't get upgraded). That's more than fair IMO especially since they gave plenty of advanced noticed and was able to plan for it accordingly.

international flights are a bit different since you need two meals, but I'd rather take $200 + Qantas First Lounge + 1 Cold Sandwich over two "normal" in flight meals.
Any more recent reports of Y Exp passengers getting a voucher? Seems like it was discontinued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.