Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Looks like Gary just posted a more specific timeline for more routes to get back to normal.
For those FTers who may not immediately know who "Gary" is or where the article is to be found, here is a direct link:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ound-listeria/

Regards
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Alaska 75K MVP
Originally Posted by scubadu
For those FTers who may not immediately know who "Gary" is or where the article is to be found, here is a direct link:

Regards
Awesome...

So it looks like for my LAX to NRT flight Friday they'll be serving me food they put on the plane in DFW a minimum of 6 hours earlier.

Plus to get 3+ sets of meals on that plane they'll probably have to serve everyone one tray Y food.

Serves me right for only booking an hour between connections and picking AA instead of CX like I normally do.

I think I'll pick up a brisket from the Salt Lick at AUS on the way and auction it off to the highest bidder around hour 6 of the NRT Flight
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Gold

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ound-listeria/

Regards
Dang, I'm flying 193 in J on 11/13 11:45PM.

He has this route listed as full service by 11/14. Hopefully everything goes smoothly...and my flights gets fully catered.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Eneka
Dang, I'm flying 193 in J on 11/13 11:45PM.

He has this route listed as full service by 11/14. Hopefully everything goes smoothly...and my flights gets fully catered.
Hope is not a plan, have a back-up!

Regards
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Traveling next Friday from MSY-LAX in F. I still have meal choices available, but am surprised. I didn't think MSY was a catering station for AA, and that the inbound from LAX would be double-catered. Am I seeing meal choices as an error, meaning AA oversight, or will they cater this flight at MSY?

Wonder how they are handling these flights. It doesn’t seem too clear in Gary’s post...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Traveling next Friday from MSY-LAX in F. I still have meal choices available, but am surprised. I didn't think MSY was a catering station for AA, and that the inbound from LAX would be double-catered. Am I seeing meal choices as an error, meaning AA oversight, or will they cater this flight at MSY?

Wonder how they are handling these flights. It doesn’t seem too clear in Gary’s post...
I can't answer your question, but I can suggest that, as you are flying between two of the great food cities this country has to offer, you likely would be better served focusing on the food offerings at your departure and arrival points and skip the airplane food in between.

(I personally think it should be illegal for airplane food to be served on flights destined for MSY. That's a crime against humanity.)
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
I can't answer your question, but I can suggest that, as you are flying between two of the great food cities this country has to offer, you likely would be better served focusing on the food offerings at your departure and arrival points and skip the airplane food in between.

(I personally think it should be illegal for airplane food to be served on flights destined for MSY. That's a crime against humanity.)
Living in BTR, I totally agree with you! LAX is just a short connection to a CX flight for me, and driving down from BTR to catch my flight after work is going to make it tough for a decent meal before getting to the airport. Surprisingly, the options at MSY until the new terminal opens are marginally decent at best.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Living in BTR, I totally agree with you! LAX is just a short connection to a CX flight for me, and driving down from BTR to catch my flight after work is going to make it tough for a decent meal before getting to the airport. Surprisingly, the options at MSY until the new terminal opens are marginally decent at best.
It's shocking how bad the food is at MSY. And I don't have high hopes for the new terminal either. They're partnering with some great names, but Delaware North and HMS Host, who actually will be running the operations, seem to manage to ruin pretty much everything they touch. Isn't there some gas station off of I-10 where you can grab a poboy for the flight? Even eaten cold an hour later it's likely to be better than anything served in an airplane. (And you can douse it with Tabasco just before you board from one of the restaurants on the concourse.)
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
You don't get it that NO existing caterer can do this on a dime. This isn't DR recovery for an IT project - it's LACK of service items, lack of staff, lack of security review for how AA operated catering, it's WAY more than cook it and send it. Multiple people have been stating this politely.

Please report back! I'm on LAX-PEK later this weekend and those in the know state that was set to be catered by Air Fayre who also does GRU and PVG (have been doing those prior to the GG issues) and speculation is they have also been doing LHR (They have a 4 flight agreement with AA just for LAX): http://www.iii.co.uk/alliance-news/1...rican-airlines
I am now in LAX checked in for the LAX LHR flight.

I asked two agents.

The check in lady told me my flight is fully catered, as they use a different kitchen. She also told me that since I did not get an email voucher, that means my flight is fully catered.

The lady at the customer service counter near the closed AC told me international flights out of LAX are fully catered, again with a different kitchen.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
You don't get it that NO existing caterer can do this on a dime. This isn't DR recovery for an IT project - it's LACK of service items, lack of staff, lack of security review for how AA operated catering, it's WAY more than cook it and send it. Multiple people have been stating this politely.

Please report back! I'm on LAX-PEK later this weekend and those in the know state that was set to be catered by Air Fayre who also does GRU and PVG (have been doing those prior to the GG issues) and speculation is they have also been doing LHR (They have a 4 flight agreement with AA just for LAX): http://www.iii.co.uk/alliance-news/1...rican-airlines

I asked two agents.

The check in lady told me my flight is fully catered, as they use a different kitchen. She also told me that since I did not get an email voucher, that means my flight is fully catered.

The lady at the customer service counter near the closed AC told me international flights out of LAX are fully catered, again with a different kitchen.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach

I asked two agents.

Cool - figured it was Air Fayre being used for a while - so GG impact didn't affect LHR apparently. That use of Air Fayre is confirmed in the links above to the blog article. They had an agreement since 2016 to always serve a max of 4 flights. Right now it's LAX, GRU, PVG and the new launched this week PEK flight.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I am now in LAX checked in for the LAX LHR flight. ...

I love all those ladies + 1 "lady". All straight shooters with no male bovine excrement.

Enjoy your meal. You are going to LHR (sorry for you). Hope you are able to get out soon.

For me: I'm home and preparing, so our dinner will be:

French Onion Soup (Gee whiz, it's 43F here!)

Followed by:

Blanched Bok Choy in a Tarragon drizzle

Canard (Duck) with a sesame chili rub

Desert:

Cherries in cognac

Wine:

TBD

Not bragging-Just showing food is food. I will ..... about "Airplane Food" if and when it is WORSE than my most recent culinary disaster at home.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Hope is not a plan, have a back-up!

Regards
Only so much you can do for a 16hr flight! Maybe I'll bring some tupperware into the OW business lounge and stock up on whatever they have. Or some instant noodles and just ask for hot water hah.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Just got a series of two emails (total of 3 now) - the last one had a LINK to a $50 voucher for LAX-ATL Redeye (booked paid J)

Sweet, considering this "refreshments" flight was just nuts/cookie/snack basket and booze. I'll happily take the voucher and have a few drinks in the AC beforehand
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'd cancel my flight and head over to the gourmet dinner prepared by @Dallas49er
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.