Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
If nothing changes, I guess I will have to have both the minute steak and the salt and pepper squid at the QF F lounge prior to my LAX-HKG flight .

Just hope they are able to provision some champagne for the flight..
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
I hope there are consequential damages in the AA contract with the caterer. Understand Delta is affected as well.

Better safe than sorry, however. Making a lot of people potentially sick during travel is not to be taken lightly. Good for someone to have caught this and "run it up the flagpole" for corrective action.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I got the same email for my LAX-HNL MR on Monday, even though I'm in coach and EF shows J0, so no chance of an upgrade.

I'm just going to load up on pancakes in the AS Boardroom during the 3hr layover as I also got the AA mail explaining that the Admirals Club in T4 is currently closed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:17 pm

The Admiral's club in T5 is open
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
As I usually take the 6ams between LAX and JFK I would love to get a voucher as I sleep the whole time. I have had it happen where I get bonus miles for wifi not working on that route which is always nice when I did not plan to use anyways!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:36 pm

My wife flew AA83 LAX-AKL on 2 November in paid Coach. Upon boarding, AA had a trolley offering offering bottled water, oranges, and prepackaged ham sandwiches. The sandwiches were grim, and there weren’t enough for all passengers (cue “This food sucks, and there’s not enough of it!”).

On the flight soon after departure, a dinner of chicken and rice (no other option) was served along with a shredded carrot side salad.

“Breakfast” was a small snack box containing a prepackaged half of a tiny ham and mystery sauce sandwich with rice crackers.

She landed to a US$100 voucher.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by skylady
The Admiral's club in T5 is open
Yup, I saw that in the mail and I'll probably stick my head in the door for a quick looksee as I'll be coming from the Eagles Nest and haven't been in T5 before, but as there are no pancakes on offer at the AC and as I'll need to switch terminals anyway to T4 for the HNL flight, I figured that I'd work up an appetite and hike over to T6 for a late breakfast.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Wonder what will be the "catering" for LAX-ATL redeye.. I think $100 back sure beats whatever warm nuts and cold breakfast I might normally find.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ECKOA6
So unlike most here I haven't received an email regarding my LAX-NRT on the 10th. I still have no preorder options online, so I will report back if and when I get communication from AA.
I'm flying LAX-NRT on the 13th and received the email 48 hours ago.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm flying on the 17th and got it today. Lax-lhr ; thought that it wouldn't go on for more than two weeks but it looks like it's going on long.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Flew LAX-JFK on the 3rd and they managed to put together something really simple for Business Class passengers. It was supposed to be a flight which was catered with a Lunch service.

At first, I thought that everything was fine cause amenity kits, bottled water and PDB's were available as standard. But as soon as we hit the air, the FA's came by and apologized individually and said there would be a "modified service" today, due to catering issues. It was quite funny, they asked the passengers: "Would you be joining us for a picnic today?".

So the "picnic" consisted of a large salad, a roast steak sandwich, macaroons & some cheese pieces. The sandwich & macaroons were decent, the cheese and macaroons have seen better days. All of the items were actually delivered in a big plastic bag, so by the time whoever delivered it to the plane and the way it was stored and the FA handing the bag to the passengers, everything fell apart and inside the boxes everything was out of place already.

So yea, that was the catering. Beverages were standard, but we basically could drink whatever was leftover from the JFK-LAX flight. All the wines were open, nothing was chilled and I think they ran out of ice somewhen in the midst of the flight.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I'm flying LAX-NRT on the 13th and received the email 48 hours ago.
Just stumbled upon this thread. I'm booked LAX-LHR on the same day in C. No e-mail. Just went online and I was able to make my meal choice, for what is worth (quite possibly not very much).

I'm actually booked SFO-LAX-LHR. If LAX catering is still down by then, what are the chances that they'll allow me to reroute with a preserved upgrade? Or at the very least move me to an earlier SFO-LAX flight so I can stuff myself at the lounge at least.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Herb687

Are you going to pay my consulting rate if I start calling to arrange catering? If so, I'd be glad to help (AA, are you listening?).
No, we won't be paying you.

You have shown you idea how this works, let alone pay you to go about it while being completely out of touch
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
No, we won't be paying you.

You have shown you idea how this works, let alone pay you to go about it while being completely out of touch
I guess if you love prunes Listeria won't make that much of a difference
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Just stumbled upon this thread. I'm booked LAX-LHR on the same day in C. No e-mail. Just went online and I was able to make my meal choice, for what is worth (quite possibly not very much).

I'm actually booked SFO-LAX-LHR. If LAX catering is still down by then, what are the chances that they'll allow me to reroute with a preserved upgrade? Or at the very least move me to an earlier SFO-LAX flight so I can stuff myself at the lounge at least.
I am also booked SFO-LAX-LHR on Nov 13th and I received the email yesterday morning. Fortunately I am booked on the earlier SFO-LAX flight and so the Qantas lounge will keep me happy, along with the Arrivals lounge in LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.