Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
My Mom flew LAX-HKG in J. She received a $200 voucher. She reported business passengers were served similar meals as economy.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Flew LAX-DCA and catering was standard for Biz... one hot and a salad. Only anomaly, flight attendant told they had loaded enchiladas and shrimp salad which actually was some pasta dish and chicken salad.

People in Flagship Lounge say all services back to normal.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:31 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I received a $200 voucher for my J-up flight aboard AA 10 a few days ago. Didn't have breakfast, or amenity kits, or even bottled water. It was kinda annoying.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I flew AA220 LAX-DEN yesterday (7:15 p.m. departure) and got the turkey wrap/pasta salad/cherry tomatoes/tiny chocolate mint snack box. No advance warning; the flight was/is listed as "dinner" service. Crew was apologetic but clearly frustrated with the situation.

Just after Thanksgiving I had a regular lunch (lasagna or salad with chicken) on this route and thought service was back to normal.

Wrote in but don't have high hopes of any meaningful resolution. Frustrating!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:57 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Just reporting back that LAX-JFK is back to normal, printed menus and all. Only anomaly seemed to be that the prosecco in J was not chilled for PDBs. (I assume they normally get chilled bottles from the caterer as PDB wine is normally cold). After having some Bollinger in the lounge, one sip of warm $10 prosecco was more than enough
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Just reporting back that LAX-JFK is back to normal, printed menus and all. Only anomaly seemed to be that the prosecco in J was not chilled for PDBs. (I assume they normally get chilled bottles from the caterer as PDB wine is normally cold). After having some Bollinger in the lounge, one sip of warm $10 prosecco was more than enough
Did you receive an amenity kit? If your flight was a morning arrival, was the smoothie offered before landing?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:55 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jcatman
Did you receive an amenity kit? If your flight was a morning arrival, was the smoothie offered before landing?
Amenity kit (though rather useless besides the socks and toothbrush) and Casper pillow and duvet were at the seat upon boarding. Morning departure so no idea on the smoothie but usual warm cookies and sparkling water were offered pre arrival
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I haven't paid attention to changes to meal-taking order since the pre-order era - as someone who doesn't eat red meat, meal choice can be a concern. As an EXP in the first row of J LAX-JFK will I have first choice or is there still some sort of FEBO, route direction, or other method to meal choices?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
On 12/15, I flew on AA237 (LAX-SJD), and the catering was listed as “breakfast,” but consisted of a cold turkey sandwich with a hard boiled egg and blueberries.

However, on the return AA1050 (SJD-LAX) the flight was catered by Aerococina, in which one could either have sea bass, or mushroom/cheese skewers.

Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
12/27, today, LAX-LAS in F. Drink service only on short 40+ minutes flight, no meal service. Drink service was using plastic cups in F. FA told us catering was closed, no lemon, no lime for drinks. No nuts, no pre-packages nuts/pretzels, no basket snacks (I do not recall LAX-LAS F ever had basket snacks…?).

Looks like LAX catering situation is not 100% completely back to normal?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by daslax
I haven't paid attention to changes to meal-taking order since the pre-order era - as someone who doesn't eat red meat, meal choice can be a concern. As an EXP in the first row of J LAX-JFK will I have first choice or is there still some sort of FEBO, route direction, or other method to meal choices?
Meal choice is supposed to be by status now. YMMV. [My error. This is incorrect.]

My general advice is that if you have any dietary restrictions, bring your own. Never count on an airline to cater to your choices/needs.

Last edited by Always Flyin; Dec 28, 2017 at 1:49 pm Reason: Point out error.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
When did it change to meal preference by status?

are u sure? Because this would be a HUGE change.

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Meal choice is supposed to be by status now. YMMV.

My general advice is that if you have any dietary restrictions, bring your own. Never count on an airline to cater to your choices/needs.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL GM, AS MVP75K
J menu on 27 LAX HND 26DEC - appears to be a version of JAL J, but can't comment on comparison to JAL food:

LAX-HND J class menu 26DEC
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
12/27, today, LAX-LAS in F. Drink service only on short 40+ minutes flight, no meal service. Drink service was using plastic cups in F. FA told us catering was closed, no lemon, no lime for drinks. No nuts, no pre-packages nuts/pretzels, no basket snacks (I do not recall LAX-LAS F ever had basket snacks…?).

Looks like LAX catering situation is not 100% completely back to normal?
Thanks for the update, that´s good to know. I guess, then I´ll have to bring my own snacks into the cabin and share with everyone. But for now I´m the only one booked in F on my flight on sunday
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by beyond
J menu on 27 LAX HND 26DEC - appears to be a version of JAL J, but can't comment on comparison to JAL food:

LAX-HND J class menu 26DEC
I flew LAXNRT on JAL last week in J and those are the exact same three mains that were on my JAL flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.