Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
AA Halts Use of L.A. Gate Gourmet Catering Due to Listeria Outbreak 1 Nov 2017

News reports still developing.

Early flights out of LAX are being catered with Y snacks only.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1437...rnational.html

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 3, 2017 at 8:19 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, National Executive Elite, Hotels.com Gold
Man... This ought to be interesting.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
News reports still developing.

Early flights out of LAX are being catered with Y snacks only.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1437...rnational.html
Wow, thats not good. Sounds like they hopefully caught this before an outbreak. Its going to be a rather large inconvience for many flying out of LAX this week although given the option between no food on a long flight or potentially dying from Listeria Im sure everyone would take the first option.

Itll be interesting to hear over the coming days what sort of remedies and compensation AA does indeed come up with. I also wonder what impact this will have on Delta since the article mentioned they too use the same company.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Should be fun for those SYD/HKG flights
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
There was a period of time during which BA was not able to cater flights out of LHR; I can't remember the circumstances -- perhaps a labor (or labour, as the case may be), issue. All J and F passengers were given a voucher (my recollection is that it was for 28, though I don't know why that number is sticking in my head) that could be used in any of the T5 cafes and restaurants. It's not a perfect solution, as some people still get excited by airplane food, but AA would be smart to do the same.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:44 am

It stinks. I'm on a flight tonight LAX-AKL in business and they called this AM saying only coach meals in the premium cabin. I guess coach meals are better than getting sick for my vacation, though!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What, no caviar in F?

Oh ... wait.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
there was also a issue with UA out of DEN the last couple weeks, also reported to be listeria
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dringess
It stinks.
It doesn't stink as bad as the plane would with an onboard outbreak.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Gotta make sure to fill up at the Qantas lounge
C17PSGR and nutwpinut like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
NOW who is complaining about Airline "FOOD"! I see T-4 and T-5 take out sales escalating. Ya think?

Excellent suggestion about the Qantas lounge-salt baked squid is quality one would pay for.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Interesting that DL is continuing to use the kitchens, calling them safe and downplaying the presence of listeria
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Im on an LAX to JFK flight now with no food or beverage service. Interestingly I was on a flight from OHare to LAX yesterday and got very sick after eating a sandwich. Wondering now if that sandwich originated in LAX....

Oh and by the way - no snacks offered to us pre-flight - just a mad rush to the coffee shops when it was announced.

Last edited by onetess; Nov 1, 2017 at 2:12 pm
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by onetess
Im on an LAX to JFK flight now with no food or beverage service. Interestingly I was on a flight from OHare to LAX yesterday and got very sick after eating a sandwich. Wondering now if that sandwich originated in LAX....

Oh and by the way - no snacks offered to us pre-flight - just a mad rush to the coffee shops when it was announced.
They should at least be able to offer beverages and packaged snacks, no? That seems a little severe.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by BThumme
there was also a issue with UA out of DEN the last couple weeks, also reported to be listeria
The UA issue at DEN started this past weekend. And wasn't acknowledged until early this week. Estimates are at least 10 days to get their kitchen back open. Hopefully it isn't that long for this issue with AA to be resolved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.