Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by scubadu
For those FTers who may not immediately know who "Gary" is or where the article is to be found, here is a direct link:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ound-listeria/

Regards
Surprised other frequent flyers arent following other frequent traveler thought leaders.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Now on board AA 108.

Catering manager at the aircraft door confirmed. International flights out of LAX are all fully catered from diff kitchen.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Now on board AA 108.

Catering manager at the aircraft door confirmed. International flights out of LAX are all fully catered from diff kitchen.
Fully catered with expected "level of quality" food & beverage for J and F, or the domestic F that has been reported before?

And have a great flight and enjoy London!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Now on board AA 108.

Safe Travels. I'll be on that flight next week.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Surprised other frequent flyers arent following other frequent traveler thought leaders.
There is a much broader community on FT that occasionally lurks (rather than participates) in order to get actual information (as opposed to just complain) and isn't necessarily as anal retentive as the usual suspects. Some only visit when something like this is occurring. Additionally, new members join FT literally everyday, so yea, not everyone knows who "Gary" is or where his blog is located.

Regards
TWA884 and rjw242 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by scubadu
There is a much broader community on FT that occasionally lurks (rather than participates) in order to get actual information (as opposed to just complain) and isn't necessarily as anal retentive as the usual suspects. Some only visit when something like this is occurring. Additionally, new members join FT literally everyday, so yea, not everyone knows who "Gary" is or where his blog is located.
I always get "Gary" and "Lucky" mixed up and appreciate the link.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rjw242
I always get "Gary" and "Lucky" mixed up and appreciate the link.
LOL I never get those two mixed up. Lucky generally has a positive, look on the bright side approach that makes me want to travel (even if occasionally naive). Gary on the other hand is rather brooding anymore, always seems angry and writes about an article a day yelling some version of "I'm not my fare!"

Regards
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:48 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Flying in J between JFK and ZRH on several recent flts the food was mediocre at best. If they provided PIZZA and/or "nice" sandwiches from merchants in the airports(s), I would have had a tastier meal.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:23 pm

I'm on 193 LAX-HKG tonight.
Agent at the AC confirmed the flight will be fully catered as they have started using LSG as of today.
We shall see......
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:23 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
my guess is some overworked underpaid web editor didn't read the full story and wrote that in haste.
Pay rates impact reading comprehension???
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:25 pm

Now on board AA 108.

I guess they solved the problem by hiring the poster upthread who offered to charge them for his consulting fee to fix this problem.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: EXP AA, Hilton Diamond
Catering update - LAX experience

FT Community

I was on HKG-LAX and the LAX-JFK yesterday - so a real time status for you all.

The flight from HKG has full business class catering that matched the menu - the only missing piece was beverages - they still had just domestic first class beverage carts (1 red wine, limited liqs, etc.).

Then LAX to JFK was sparse - as you boarded they had beverages and snacks to pick from as you walked down the jet bridge.

Flight crews were super apologetic - but indicated int'l would be back to full service today, and the domestic in a few more days.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Report:

Flew LAX-DCA yesterday in Y. Was given a $12 meal voucher by the GA, and a snack cart rolled over to the gate about 30 minutes before boarding, filled with chips, cookies, nuts, and beverages. On the flight, drinks were passed out, but no snacks, and when I asked for a lemon or lime, was told there were nothing. The printed menus with meals/snacks for purchase was still in the seatback pocket.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by mikeriegel1
FT Community

I was on HKG-LAX and the LAX-JFK yesterday - so a real time status for you all.

The flight from HKG has full business class catering that matched the menu - the only missing piece was beverages - they still had just domestic first class beverage carts (1 red wine, limited liqs, etc.).

Then LAX to JFK was sparse - as you boarded they had beverages and snacks to pick from as you walked down the jet bridge.

Flight crews were super apologetic - but indicated int'l would be back to full service today, and the domestic in a few more days.
I'm confused- why is any ex HKG catering impacted by the LAX problems?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I'm confused- why is any ex HKG catering impacted by the LAX problems?
Shouldn't be but as I recall most airlines move booze between the system on their carts and don't source EVERY item in the beverage list at outstations with local catering. Yes it's odd but things like the wine selection AA has is likely sourced in the US and pushed to outstation catering through AA flights and in some cases on the same carts that GG services in LAX. You would think though that AA would have asked for temporary backups sourced local - but the way most catering vendors run slim stocks that may not have been possible. E.g I'm pretty sure Cathay Pacific catering in HK doesn't stock Tito's Vodka for any of their airlines - so if something was pushed form the DFW through catering and then went LAX to HKG that's what will be on the cart vs zero ability to source that from the local supplier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.