Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

If you were sitting next to Doug Parker in F, what do you say/talk about?

If you were sitting next to Doug Parker in F, what do you say/talk about?

Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
I will share my lounge trolling experience during a MR as OWE on sub $500 fare to HKG in J upgraded both ways using a single SWU
josmul123 and bchandler02 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:53 pm

"What'd you end up having to do for community service?"
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:46 pm

"Have you heard the one about the Irishman, the Frenchman and the dachshund?"
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Could be a better question. Or does he fly incognito-whatever a cognito is.
Originally Posted by 24left
He's a mystery shopper.
Then he is't very good at it, unless he just started.

Rather than be snarky (if one really had the guts), I would ask him why they don't use Mystery Shoppers, and wait for a response.

My personal suspicion is either the unions would go absolutely ape poo poo over an Impartial initiative which does not benefit them, but monitors performance (to make sure all them actually do their job). Or management isn't really interested. Or both.

UA used Mystery shoppers in the 80's. FAs used to call them "Ghostriders" and absolutely HATED them, but service improved. An even better reason to use them today, if
you care about your product and service.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Nov 2, 2017 at 6:59 am
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Could be a better question. Or does he fly incognito-whatever a cognito is.
He does not fly incognito. I was on a flight with him in F from DFW to LHR about a year ago. It was a flight that had the most perfect service I have ever experienced.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tbrein
He does not fly incognito. I was on a flight with him in F from DFW to LHR about a year ago. It was a flight that had the most perfect service I have ever experienced.
I wonder if they load extra alcohol on his flights to make sure they don't run out.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Then he is't very good at it, unless he just started....
LOL

Rather than be snarky (if one really had the guts), I would ask him why they don't use Mystery Shoppers, and wait for a response.

My personal suspicion is either the union would go absolutely ape poo poo over an Impartial initiative that monitors performance (make all them actually do their job correctly) and which does not benefit them, or management isn't really interested. Or both.

UA used Mystery shoppers in the 80's. FAs used to call them "Ghostriders" and absolutely HATED them, but service improved. An even better reason to use them today, if

We know Mystery Shoppers are supposed to be a mystery when they are hired to "survey" various services, be it retail environments, flying etc. The cabin crews are not supposed to know who these people are. If they do, it's because someone shared that info and thus the value of the data gathered on those flights is not accurate - either because some crews provided better service than normal or the angry crew threw a temper tantrum and made sure the shopper had a negative experience.

I might consider it a fun weekend to fly AA coach DFW-HKG as long as I was suitably entertained.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I would like to know why they have yet to install MCE, seat power on all LUS aircraft - or at least those flying LAA routes.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I'd ask him to recite the school chant of his undergraduate institution since we both attended the same college, albeit about 20 years apart.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

LOL

We know Mystery Shoppers are supposed to be a mystery when they are hired to "survey" various services, be it retail environments, flying etc. The cabin crews are not supposed to know who these people are. If they do, it's because someone shared that info and thus the value of the data gathered on those flights is not accurate - either because some crews provided better service than normal or the angry crew threw a temper tantrum and made sure the shopper had a negative experience.

The UA FAs hated the Mystery shoppers because they might
be on board.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Who are you?

And why am i here?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
be on board.
Kind of sad, really.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
"I'm surprised you aren't on a Delta flight, considering you like to copy everything they do instead of innovating."
24left likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Then he is't very good at it, unless he just started.

My personal suspicion is either the unions would go absolutely ape poo poo over an Impartial initiative which does not benefit them, but monitors performance (to make sure all them actually do their job). Or management isn't really interested. Or both.

LOL

I might consider it a fun weekend to fly AA coach DFW-HKG as long as I was suitably entertained.
be on board.
Kind of sad, really.
Think about this when there are no PDB's because the FA's are either yakking in the front and ignoring boarding PAX, texting like a son of a gun, or beating the crap of some poor defenseless ice. DL and UA seem to get PDB's 100%.

Or the F flight attendant does the meal service at the speed of light, including pick up, and sits down and reads for the rest of the flight, or hides behind the curtain, never to be seen again, until final approach, after "forgetting" to bring you your coat.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Who are you?

And why am i here?
Feeling existential today?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.