Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Android 8.0: Gogo Device Not Supported (streaming IFE)

Old Oct 26, 17, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)

My Android phone running v.8 (Oreo) wasn't supported. Did a chat with support who confirmed that there is a problem. To compensate, I was given a voucher for one free WiFi good till June, 2018.
Old Oct 26, 17, 9:07 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Do you mean the wireless IFE? Or is this just an issue with paid Gogo wi-fi? I am able to connect and use Gogo using my T-Mobile "free" wi-fi. Worked with both a Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL running Oreo.
Old Oct 26, 17, 9:23 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
It's an issue for all Android devices running the new 8.0 operating system. Specifically, gogo doesn't support such devices when trying to stream entertainment/movies to it via gogo. Ran into the issue the other day. Fortunately it was a bird that was equipped with IFE so I could watch movies on that.

Go Gators
Old Oct 26, 17, 10:33 am

Programs: AA GLD, IHG PLT
Hmm, I may see if I can repeat this with my Nexus 5X. I could use a free wifi cert, lol.
Old Oct 26, 17, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by GNVGator View Post
It's an issue for all Android devices running the new 8.0 operating system. Specifically, gogo doesn't support such devices when trying to stream entertainment/movies to it via gogo. Ran into the issue the other day. Fortunately it was a bird that was equipped with IFE so I could watch movies on that.
You’d still be happy if that gigantic, bulky, pesky IFE screen had already been ripped out, giving you all kinds of extra room.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: