Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa scheduled a SFO-SJC flight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Aa scheduled a SFO-SJC flight?

When I googled "AA SFO SJC", I got these two flights:

Any speculation as to what they're about? General positioning? Seems like a handy flight for Bay area commuters!

Last edited by no2chem; Oct 22, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I can't find evidence of them on Flightaware or Flightstats. Very strange. What made you search that?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by no2chem
When I googled "AA SFO SJC", I got these two flights:

Any speculation as to what they're about? General positioning? Seems like a handy flight for Bay area commuters!
I'm not seeing the flight numbers in your post, but when I replicate your google search, and input the flight numbers into AA's flight status tool, they show up as codeshares on AS flights between SFO and SEA/PDX.

Likely diversions or filing errors.

AA is certainly not operating scheduled passenger carrying flights between SFO and SJC.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Was this for a flight yesterday? SFO was a mess and flights may have been diverted to SJC. My wife was on a VX flight EWR-SFO and ended up landing at OAK. Two hours later they took off and flew OAK-SFO.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Was this for a flight yesterday? SFO was a mess and flights may have been diverted to SJC. My wife was on a VX flight EWR-SFO and ended up landing at OAK. Two hours later they took off and flew OAK-SFO.
friend of mine was trying to fly from SNA-SFO, flight was cancelled, rebooked, and then cancelled again.

AA 85 JFK-SFO was diverted to SMF yesterday

Not the first flight 85 was diverted, this thread says it was diverted to SJC once. AA 85 JFK-SFO diversion to SJC circus
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:18 pm

Why did you google that? We are missing part of the story.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Aliquot
Why did you google that? We are missing part of the story.
Accident. Meant to google LAX-SFO. Also apparently the screenshot didn't work out on my phone.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
There are occasionally AA flights JFK-LGA, DCA-IAD.

The plane diverts and has to get back to the right airport.

In the days before deregulation, I once flew an Ozark DC-9 from ORD to STL with legs that included MLI-PIA-BMI-SPI

MLI-PIA is 69 miles, PIA-BMI is 43 miles, BMI-SPI is 59 miles.

My recollection is there are still some legacy US routes of similar distances such as ABE-PHL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.