Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can I remove cancelled bookings from the AA mobile app?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Been booking a few redemption flights of interest and then cancelling some as better ones appear.
I've now got a few extra bookings in the AA app that are clogging things up.
i.e. 2 on the same day, same destination but different times.

So, is there a way of removing these manually (short of uninstalling / reinstalling the app) or do they just drop off after a certain period of time?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
You have to go to My Trips on aa.com and remove them from the list there. Then refresh your app and they will be gone.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I ran into the same issue a few months ago.
You have to go to My Trips on aa.com and remove them from the list there. Then refresh your app and they will be gone.
That doesn't work. In my case the reservations are gone from the website but they're still there on the app after several months. There doesn't appear to be a solution for this one...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28674109-post312.html
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Yeah, I ended up uninstalling & reinstalling.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I ran into the same issue a few months ago.

That doesn't work. In my case the reservations are gone from the website but they're still there on the app after several months. There doesn't appear to be a solution for this one...
I went through this with an award trip I booked for my husband which we then cancelled. I had added it to my app's home screen and after cancelling it, it stayed there, and even sent me check-in notifications. Getting check-in reminders was the most unsettling bit since it really made it seem like it hadn't actually been cancelled.

It never showed up in 'My Trips' as it wasn't mine.

I couldn't uncheck the 'show on home screen' button since the reservation wouldn't actually load (having been cancelled).

It simply disappeared after the dates of travel.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Logging out of the app and then signing back in seems to do the trick.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by umaa83
Logging out of the app and then signing back in seems to do the trick.
This is how I fix it when it happens. Also, on iOS, sometimes refreshing the home screen of the app works as well (swipe down from the main screen).
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
I went through this with an award trip I booked for my husband which we then cancelled. I had added it to my app's home screen and after cancelling it, it stayed there, and even sent me check-in notifications. Getting check-in reminders was the most unsettling bit since it really made it seem like it hadn't actually been cancelled.

It never showed up in 'My Trips' as it wasn't mine.

I couldn't uncheck the 'show on home screen' button since the reservation wouldn't actually load (having been cancelled).

It simply disappeared after the dates of travel.
Did you originally manually add it in the app using the Find Trip button?

What is this ‘show on home screen’ button you are referring to? I have never seen that in the app.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've no way of logging out of the app.

Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and all the bookings came back.
Had a look through my phone and can't find anything to do with AA unless it's some obscure file or cookie hidden somewhere.

Added:
On my Samsung Galaxy S8+

Make sure the app is installed.
Go to settings, apps, click on the app, storage, clear cache.

That seems to have done it.

Last edited by xenole; Oct 21, 2017 at 11:15 am
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
What is this ‘show on home screen’ button you are referring to? I have never seen that in the app.
I can see it in the Android app by doing the following:

If you view a trip that you've added to your home screen, but are not on (the flight could be for a family member, etc), swipe up from the bottom and you should see "Save trip to home screen." If it is on your home screen, the option should be selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.