Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA used my systemwide upgrade for Premium Economy "upgrade"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist

I was flying from CDG to DFW in July. When I checked into Admiral Lounge, they said to me that economy was full and asked me if I wanted to move to Premium Economy cabin and said today is my "lucky day".

Today I just called AA rep to try and apply system-wide upgrade to some future flights and they tell me that I already used certificate back in July and don't have any left. So evidently they used system-wide upgrade for me to goto Premium Economy without ever telling me.

I am filing discrepancy with AAdvantage... hopefully will get this overturned. I'll report back as to whether this is successful on this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
There has been another report or two of this happening. It's definitely a mistake.

I'd call the EXP line and have the PNR code handy. You should get it reinstated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.