Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA entree pre-orders now allow third option

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA entree pre-orders now allow third option

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by observer
Are you critical of the Vietnamese salad? I just selected it, but I can change.
I've had it about 4 times this year ......I end up eating the chicken (if it's edible) and digging for the noodles. Three bites of the "slaw" and I am finished.

The Ricotta Rotolo is an upgrade from the usual brick of lasagna. Eating light? Eat half.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by jcatman
I've had it about 4 times this year ......I end up eating the chicken (if it's edible) and digging for the noodles. Three bites of the "slaw" and I am finished.

The Ricotta Rotolo is an upgrade from the usual brick of lasagna. Eating light? Eat half.
Is the chicken warm with this, or cold? I'm not a big spinach fan, and I actually like SE Asian flavor profiles, so I picked this, but I'm not seeing really good reviews...
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by WoodyWindy
Is the chicken warm with this, or cold? I'm not a big spinach fan, and I actually like SE Asian flavor profiles, so I picked this, but I'm not seeing really good reviews...
The chicken is cold. How much do you dislike spinach? I don't love spinach as a side dish - like as sauteed spinach, but I've found that in the AA rotolo pasta you don't really taste the spinach - it just adds some greens.

Here's a picture of the pasta: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29136526-post1161.html

Last edited by chrisny2; Dec 7, 2017 at 12:49 pm Reason: add link to photo
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
If you've never had it before, you'll be fine. It's not offensive, seems to be relatively healthy.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:26 am

Thanks @chrisny2 and @jcatman. I made sure I had a big breakfast, and will just eat whatever portion of the meal appeals to me at the time.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:52 pm

Thanks @chrisny2 and @jcatman. I made sure I had a big breakfast, and will just eat whatever portion of the meal appeals to me at the time.
Closing the loop on this, I wouldn't have minded more sauce on the chicken, which was a bit dry. The slaw was quite tasty, with the "oriental sesame" dressing providing a nice finish for the flavor profile. More mushrooms would have been welcome, however.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:57 am

I might be the minority here but... while I think the 3rd option available by pre-order only is a good idea and I give props to AA for doing so, I just keep saying to myself "fruit and cheese, really??" Not really what I'd consider a meal option as much as just a snack. I can't help but to think if AA is going to offer a 3rd choice for a meal that perhaps it should be an actual meal... something seasonal which would add to the idea that it's a bit pseudo-special. Anyway, just my ramblings for the day.
chrisny2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.