Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 17, 17, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by txrus View Post
I have 2 expiring on 2/28 I will not be able to use & are free to a good home-be sure there is inventory available to confirm first, please.

Would prefer to have them used on long-haul, int'l, or multi-segment tickets to ensure the most bang for the SWU.

Please PM w/details.
You have PM^
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
I have one SWU which I would like to give away.

Please check with AA first the upgrade inventory to make sure your flights are upgradable.

PM me with name, dates, PNR, and cell phone.
Old Feb 17, 17, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National Executive, Hertz 5-Star, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
I have one SWU which I would like to give away.

Please check with AA first the upgrade inventory to make sure your flights are upgradable.

PM me with name, dates, PNR, and cell phone.
PM Sent!
Old Feb 18, 17, 1:40 pm

Programs: Free Agent! B6 Mosaic, AA 5MM LT Plat (EXP gone), SPG LT Plat, WN APlus, Hilton Diamond
5 SWUs

I have 5 SWUs that will expire on 2/28/17, so I"m going to try and give them away. Very reminiscent of when I was a UA 1K a few years back and gave away 5 of their equivalents. Sigh.

Usual deal + my limits/guidelines/preferences:
- Y to J upgrades
- 1 or 2 people
- Confirm that C space is available for your flight
- > 100 posts on FT
- Preference for TPAC or TATL flights (or equivalently long flights to SA)
- Provide name(s), PNR(s), cell phone number

If you have a 2 person RT, feel free to give me both, but I'll go through 2 at a time first so tell me which direction you want to upgrade.

My plan is to check my PMs once a day, order the list as above, and try and use them up. If there is a charge and it is less than $25, I will pay it and ask for a starbucks or amazon card in return so I don't have to get you on the phone in real time (I've confirmed that AA has no problem with reimbursement of out-of-pocket fees for SWUs). If the charge is > $25, I will need to get you on the phone to provide AA with a form of payment.

I'll keep the list sorted so if I need to I'll go back through in time-of-request order (i.e. no need to re-PM me as status changes).

As we get closer to 2/28 if they haven't been used as I'd prefer I'll lower my constraints (i.e. if you request one for JFK/LAX and I'm still trying for TATL/TPAC, I'll keep you in the list and if I still have leftovers I'll start trying transcon etc, hopefully not down to DCA/LGA and the like).

And, I will edit this message as they get used up.

Fingers crossed for y'all ...
Old Feb 18, 17, 1:44 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
The 2 SWUs were given away. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 17, 10:10 pm

I am giving away a AA SWU expiring on end of Feb. If interested please PM or leave a msg
Old Feb 19, 17, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by techg33k View Post
I am giving away a AA SWU expiring on end of Feb. If interested please PM or leave a msg
PM sent
Old Feb 20, 17, 12:03 am

Programs: aadvantage
4 SWU expiring Feb 28 to giveaway

I have 4 SWU expiring Feb 28 to give away. Please PM me.
Old Feb 20, 17, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I am giving away 6 SWUs that are expiring end of Feb 2017. Please PM if interested.

No requests from pax who are originating from UK airports please due to taxes due.

Provide name(s), PNR(s), cell phone number.
Old Feb 21, 17, 4:30 am

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)
Giving away 4 SWUs expiring Feb 28

Hi--

I have 4 remaining SWUs expiring next week that I haven't managed to give away to friends/family

If you are interested, please PM me your name, email, and PNR details.

Preference will be given for longer international flights but I'll consider all requests except UK-origin flights because of the tax issue. It doesn't need to be 4 people traveling together. I'm happy to do singles or pairs

Please check ExpertFlyer to see that there is upgrade availability for your flight or reasonably good odds of an upgrade clearing from an EXP account (I would say more than 50% of J seats remaining at this stage means good odds)

I'll call AA as soon as I have 4 requests
Old Feb 21, 17, 6:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1.97MM
Originally Posted by spsDC View Post
Hi--

I have 4 remaining SWUs expiring next week that I haven't managed to give away to friends/family

If you are interested, please PM me your name, email, and PNR details.

Preference will be given for longer international flights but I'll consider all requests except UK-origin flights because of the tax issue. It doesn't need to be 4 people traveling together. I'm happy to do singles or pairs

Please check ExpertFlyer to see that there is upgrade availability for your flight or reasonably good odds of an upgrade clearing from an EXP account (I would say more than 50% of J seats remaining at this stage means good odds)

I'll call AA as soon as I have 4 requests
PM Sent, thank you!
Old Feb 21, 17, 8:02 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Have two SWUs (exp. Feb.28) to give away. PM me.
Old Feb 21, 17, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
I now have 2 SWU's left (exp 2/28). International flights get priority from me except ex-LHR flights. PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.
Old Feb 21, 17, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Anyone need an expiring SWU?

I gave a friend four SWUs and he had to cancel his trip at the last minute due to a family emergency. They expire at the end of the month and I am happy to give them to anyone who could use them. They have been redeposited in my account so send me a PM if you want them. First come first served!

3 are gone, 1 remaining.

Last edited by Rebob; Feb 21, 17 at 3:10 pm Reason: Updated information
Old Feb 21, 17, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
3 SWUs expiring 2/28/17

I have three SWUs expiring this month, will make available for any non LHR-originating flights with either confirmed SWU upgrade at booking availability (yeah, right) or reasonably good odds of confirmation. Preference will be given to longer international flights over shorter domestic itineraries. Please provide via PM: first & last name, origin & destination, record locator, departure date and upgrade availability detail (if not confirmable at booking, %age of premium cabin seats available in desired cabin). Will try to accommodate as soon as possible on first come, first served basis. Good luck!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: