Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 14, 17, 10:11 am

PM Sent. Thanks for being so generous.

Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
I have 4 SWU's expiring at the end of this month to give away. Please PM me with your PNR and name if you're interested.

PM Sent

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 14, 17 at 1:00 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Feb 14, 17, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hertz FiveStar, Hilton Gold
I have 4 SWU's expiring at the end of this month to give away. Please PM me with your PNR and name if you're interested.
Thank you so much for your offer! I have sent you a PM
Old Feb 14, 17, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
PM sent, thanks for your offer!
Old Feb 14, 17, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA

PM sent (if any are still available). Thank you for being so generous
Old Feb 14, 17, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
I am out of SWUs at this point.
Old Feb 15, 17, 11:05 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Have 2 SWU which I would like to give away. Please check with AA first the upgrade inventory to make sure your flights are upgradable. PM me with name, dates, PNR, and cell phone. Long-haul routes only pls.

I benefited last year the generosity of people here so wanna give back when I can. :-)
Old Feb 15, 17, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I have a couple of unused SWUs expiring end of Feb. Please check there is upgrade space and PM me with name and PNR. Not out of UK as this incurs extra taxes. Long haul only please.
Gone.

Last edited by wmaciej; Feb 15, 17 at 3:46 pm
Old Feb 15, 17, 2:57 pm

PM sent
Old Feb 15, 17, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Marriott P
Have 4 SWU which I would like to give away. Please check with AA first the upgrade inventory to make sure your flights are upgradable. PM me with name, dates, PNR, and cell phone. Long-haul routes only pls.

Last edited by bdhaliwa; Feb 15, 17 at 7:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1.97MM
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa View Post
Have 4 SWU which I would like to give away. Please check with AA first the upgrade inventory to make sure your flights are upgradable. PM me with name, dates, PNR, and cell phone. Long-haul routes only pls.
PM Sent
Thank you!
Old Feb 16, 17, 9:59 am

Programs: AA
First post from a longtime lurker - I'm not going to steal your identity.

I have two that I'm not going to be able to use. PM me with your name, dates, and PNR if you have a longhaul flight with a decent chance of actually upgrading.
Old Feb 16, 17, 12:20 pm

I have 2 SWU that im not going to use ! PM with details
Old Feb 16, 17, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by carlilef View Post
I have 2 SWU that im not going to use ! PM with details
PM sent
Old Feb 16, 17, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa View Post
PM sent!
Old Feb 17, 17, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
I have 2 expiring on 2/28 I will not be able to use & are free to a good home-be sure there is inventory available to confirm first, please.

Would prefer to have them used on long-haul, int'l, or multi-segment tickets to ensure the most bang for the SWU.

Please PM w/details.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: