Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 8, 17, 10:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Looks like I'm going to have 1 go unused (waitlisted for 2 others on Feb 23). I don't check my inbox ALL that frequently, but if you have a flight more than a couple days from now feel free to inbox me with PNR, flight info, and full name. As others have stated, I'd prefer to use it for something immediately confirmable, but if you have something that would be excellent use of one (such as LHR-LAX-SYD) I'd consider waitlisting you for that.

It's not exactly first come first serve, I'm not giving it to someone flying BOS-JFK just because they got me first... But PM me and I'll let you know!
Old Feb 9, 17, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Unused eVIP

I will have 3 ununsed eVIP that will expire at the end of the month. As I am jumping off of American I am happy to give these away. Just message me with your name and PNR and I will call the EXP desk and have them put them on your reservation.
Old Feb 9, 17, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by shortkidd View Post
I will have 3 ununsed eVIP that will expire at the end of the month. As I am jumping off of American I am happy to give these away. Just message me with your name and PNR and I will call the EXP desk and have them put them on your reservation.
PM sent! Flying this Sunday and a SWU would be lovely
Old Feb 9, 17, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by shortkidd View Post

Just sent you a PM as well- Hoping you have one to spare- Have a flight from NRT to DFW on Sunday
Old Feb 10, 17, 4:09 pm

SWU Giveway

I have 4 SWUs expiring Feb 28th that I'm giving away. PM me with name, dates, PNR, and cell phone. Preference given to long haul routes so they are being taken advantage of to full extent. And if someone is a family of 2 or 4 even better as it's less admin for me and you get a great vacation.
Old Feb 10, 17, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
PM sent. ^
Old Feb 11, 17, 12:58 am

Offering 4 free Systemwide Upgrades for use by 2/28/17

Discovered I have several AA systemwide upgrades expiring by end of February. Can't use them, so first to PM me gets 'em.

*sorry it's 3 not 4 unlike the title*
Old Feb 11, 17, 1:12 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
private message just sent to you
Old Feb 11, 17, 3:25 am

Private message sent.
Old Feb 11, 17, 6:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hertz FiveStar, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
Discovered I have several AA systemwide upgrades expiring by end of February. Can't use them, so first to PM me gets 'em.

*sorry it's 3 not 4 unlike the title*
Thanks so much for the offer! PM sent. I have a flight on the 24th from DUB-LHR-LAX if you still have a spare
Old Feb 11, 17, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Thank you everyone for being so generous on this thread...
Old Feb 12, 17, 12:42 am

Programs: Latampass, Arplus, AAdvantage, Le Club Accor
Smile

Great idea to make this thread. It is good to be able to help others with SWU which otherwise would expire.

<redacted by moderator, per thread rules>

Thanks for your generosity!

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 12, 17 at 4:39 am Reason: redacted by moderator, per thread rules
Old Feb 12, 17, 4:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Reminder: Posts that do not comply with thread rules (posted above in the wiki) will be removed. Please read the conditions of this thread.

And thank you to all the generous members who have offered their SWUs!!

/Moderator
Old Feb 13, 17, 9:09 am

PM Sent
Old Feb 14, 17, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
I have 4 SWU's expiring at the end of this month to give away. Please PM me with your PNR and name if you're interested.

Moderator note: OP has indicated that all SWUs have been claimed.

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 14, 17 at 1:09 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: