Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 30, 16, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Originally Posted by schertz View Post
This offer was way too generous for me not to finally get an account (been an avid reader since I started flying a lot again this year). A Plat on the way to Explat hopefully this year, I have a SIN by way of HKG trip late September if you still have the SWUs unused. Thanks for the generous offer regardless.
LOL.

Anyway, the SWU has found a new home with dkc192 for use on the new Boeing 787. Thanks for trying guys.
Old Jul 1, 16, 12:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by madguy2 View Post
LOL.

Anyway, the SWU has found a new home with dkc192 for use on the new Boeing 787. Thanks for trying guys.
Thanks to you, and your generosity. :-:
Old Jul 1, 16, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Thanks to you, and your generosity. :-:
I'll echo the thanks I sent via PM to madguy2 and all other SWU donors to this forum!
Old Jul 11, 16, 9:04 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Giveaway

I have 18, 2017 expiring SWU and 8 2018's that I won't use. Fly in booked J and prefer that over F on 77W and also 321T when I'm always with a companion to NY. I'm amicable to a give away, but I'd rather not make 26 individual calls to AA as it pains me. High frequency fliers who have multiple active open reservations are welcome to hit me up. Not sure if DM is available here.
Old Jul 11, 16, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Plus, United, AA, WN
Originally Posted by prw555 View Post
I have 18, 2017 expiring SWU and 8 2018's that I won't use. Fly in booked J and prefer that over F on 77W and also 321T when I'm always with a companion to NY. I'm amicable to a give away, but I'd rather not make 26 individual calls to AA as it pains me. High frequency fliers who have multiple active open reservations are welcome to hit me up. Not sure if DM is available here.
I have a reservation for my mom and I on AA from DC to Paris by way of Philly in March. Will the upgrades work on an O class reservation?
Old Jul 11, 16, 10:19 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by firstclassgal View Post
I have a reservation for my mom and I on AA from DC to Paris by way of Philly in March. Will the upgrades work on an O class reservation?
Believe so, unlike UA, AA are not class restricted. But then I'm no expert.
Old Jul 11, 16, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Believe so, unlike UA, AA are not class restricted. But then I'm no expert.
Yes, any class works, but needs to have upgrade space or waitlist.
Old Jul 12, 16, 7:58 am

prw555 - thanks for your generosity. I sent you a PM.

Family of 4 heading to Europe.

Last edited by bmchris; Jul 12, 16 at 2:46 pm
Old Jul 18, 16, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
That's really thoughtful of you. I sent you a PM.
Old Jul 19, 16, 1:10 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
prw55, sent you a PM as well. Very nice approach by you and crossing my fingers you have a few SWUs left. Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 16, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
Thanks prw55, sent you a PM. I have a few instant SWU C spaces available on the 787!
Old Jul 22, 16, 2:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
just to update, I never heard back from prw55 in my PMs. Had C space avail too on my itineraries but no go since no response. Oh well
Old Jan 9, 17, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6 MM, AC, DL (MM) & Lifetime SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton Diamond;too many others;
Expiring (28 Feb 2017) SWU/VIP giveaway

Please read the Wiki on “SWU Giveaways” referenced in this Feb 11, 2016 thread and the posting rules.

It is that time again for my annual SWU (eVIPs/VIP) giveaway. In my Feb 2016 post I stated that I’d have 8 SWUs expiring end of Feb 2017 that I'll not be using as I pay for all my international flights in QF, CX, QR & BA premium class. My SWUs will be handed out in the order requests are received. Please email me or PM me with your request but only after confirming upgrade availability.

Conditions are as follows:

1 Must have available upgrades on your already ticketed flights where 500 mile upgrades cannot be used (basically for use on long-haul international/intercontinental flights). Please verify upgrade availability before requesting SWU(s). Requests for wait listing will not be entertained.

2 Upgrade must be used for economy/coach to premium class upgrade and excludes those who are already in premium class wanting to upgrade to FC.

3 Awardee must be an FT member with a minimum of 50 posts and upgrade must be for your own use or companion use on same PNR; you must provide PNR, name(s), routing, contact information, and number of SWUs desired for me to apply the SWU to your reservation.

4 Maximum of four will be gifted per PNR so that a couple can upgrade a round trip if all roundtrip upgrades are available.

5 All flights must depart on or before February 28, 2017; you can have a flight departing the night of Feb 28, 2017 and arriving March 1, 2017.

6 Awardees are responsible for all fees associated with upgrades.

Last edited by ROW2Aisle; Jan 11, 17 at 11:42 am Reason: Added minimum number of posts required of requesting FT members
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG GLD, Starbucks (SBUX) Super Duper Executive Gold Global Priority Platinum Prestige
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle View Post
Please read the Wiki on “SWU Giveaways” referenced in this Feb 11, 2016 thread and the posting rules.

It is that time again for my annual SWU (eVIPs/VIP) giveaway. In my Feb 2016 post I stated that I’d have 8 SWUs expiring end of Feb 2017 that I'll not be using as I pay for all my international flights in QF, CX, QR & BA premium class. My SWUs will be handed out in the order requests are received. Please email me or PM me with your request but only after confirming upgrade availability.

Conditions are as follows:

1 Must have available upgrades on your already ticketed flights where 500 mile upgrades cannot be used (basically for use on long-haul international/intercontinental flights). Please verify upgrade availability before requesting SWU(s). Requests for wait listing will not be entertained.

2 Upgrade must be used for economy/coach to premium class upgrade and excludes those who are already in premium class wanting to upgrade to FC.

3 Awardee must be an FT member and upgrade must be for your own use or companion use on same PNR; you must provide PNR, name(s), routing, contact information, and number of SWUs desired for me to apply the SWU to your reservation.

4 Maximum of four will be gifted per PNR so that a couple can upgrade a round trip if all roundtrip upgrades are available.

5 All flights must depart on or before February 28, 2017; you can have a flight departing the night of Feb 28, 2017 and arriving March 1, 2017.

6 Awardees are responsible for all fees associated with upgrades.
Unfortunately (for me) I cannot take part in this, but I do appreciate the gesture of offering the SWUs to us to FTers!!!!
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Wish I could take aadvantage (pun intended), and I even thought about booking something, but for the life of me I can't find any C inventory crossing the pond between now and the end of February.

Good luck to those who have flights matching the requirements.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: