Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by AAflyerORD
Remember that in order for SWUs not to go to waste if no one claims them for tomorrow... It never hurts to ask AA for an extension, several members on the SWU thread reported that this works a lot of the time... Really don't want to see people's SWUs go to waste tomorrow.
I tried asking for the extension the other day, and got told to go pound sand.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I still have my 3 left. It seems the supply is more than the demand this year.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by arabiamark
I still have my 3 left. It seems the supply is more than the demand this year.

It's the end of the month, plus SWUs are harder to clear nowadays.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm betting with this being the first year of only 4 base upgrades, this thread won't be nearly as active next time around. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Received a SWU from a gifter who set it up with a phone agent, but when my upgrade cleared on Monday, his SWU was not processed and a 2017/8 was withdrawn from my account. We're trying to get this reversed.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Received a SWU from a gifter who set it up with a phone agent, but when my upgrade cleared on Monday, his SWU was not processed and a 2017/8 was withdrawn from my account. We're trying to get this reversed.
That stinks
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: Southwest CP/A & Hyatt Globalist - love both of these companies!
Originally Posted by mokarney
... plus SWUs are harder to clear nowadays.
No joke. When you call every three days since Jan, and they don't free up a single spot for immediate SWU confirmation on a March flight

Is that common?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by A-Train
Is that common?
Depends a lot on the flight.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:27 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As we are past Feb 28, we will now close this thread.

But one final shoutout to the members who donated SWUs this year. ^ Thank you for your kindness and generosity to our community. We all have our ups and downs with life and travels - but it's pretty cool that members are willing to pay it forward when they are able. Thanks again to all who participated this year.

Cheers,
/AAdvantage Moderator Team

This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 14, 2017 at 10:05 am Reason: Add additional note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.