Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 24, 17, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL PLT, Global Entry
I have been saving one last SWU for any unexpected trips but giving it away now. If you are interested, please check ExpertFlyer for availability and if seats are available, please text me the details. Priority will be given to long-haul international flyers who are booked in coach.

I do not come to FlyerTalk often. For fast response, please text me at (315) 388-2852.

Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 17, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 View Post
I just want to thank andyr for his kindness and generosity. He was kind enough to hook me up for my flight (within minutes, at that!)

Really appreciate it. Thanks to all who have been generously gifting their SWUs to fellow FTers. ^
Just wanted to echo thanks for andyr, who did the same for me. And as I said last year, thanks to all the kind and generous gifters--seems like we have way more this year than last! ^^^
Old Feb 24, 17, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Just wanted to echo thanks for andyr, who did the same for me. And as I said last year, thanks to all the kind and generous gifters--seems like we have way more this year than last! ^^^
maybe it's a combination of people being nicer and SWU's being harder to clear

On that note... PM me if you need an SWU. I have one to spare, would prefer confirmable (lol) international itinerary
Old Feb 24, 17, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)
1 SWU left to give

Hi again, this FT thread seems to allocate leftover upgrades very efficiently!

If anyone wants/needs I still have 1 SWU left to give. Any itinerary--domestic or international--departing before midnight Feb 28 (except departures from LHR). PM me your Flight#/Name/Email/Record Locator and I will put in a request if there are still seats available.

-s
Old Feb 25, 17, 5:36 am

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
Smile None left

For anyone going through here trying to find one at the last moment - plenty of C on TATL it would seem at the moment - my original offer was many many posts back, but I have managed to use and give away all of mine and not draw on this year's 4 yet.

Thanks to everyone for making this such a great place - lets all play safe with our AA accounts and follow the rules
Old Feb 26, 17, 7:18 am

Programs: AA
I just joined and wanted to say I have 6 AA SWU if anyone can use them over next two days. I had to cancel a long planned family vacation due to a family emergency. Hopefully someone can use them. [email protected]

Have A Great day all Please post copy and post this if you know a better thread
Old Feb 26, 17, 9:18 am

Got rerouted and couldn't use three I had planned. If anyone can use next two days, send me your details. Can text only at 760-628-7484 or PM here but I'm often off line.
Old Feb 26, 17, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
1 SWU still available !

Hi y'all,

I still have one SWU available for anyone traveling between today and Tuesday 2/28. PM me with your PNR and First & Last name.

cheers,
BillG3
Old Feb 27, 17, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
One of the SWUs I tried to give away earlier did not clear. Anyone flying tomorrow and want an upgrade?
Old Feb 27, 17, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I have two SWUs expiring tomorrow courtesy of a family emergency modifying our travel plans. My preference would be for long-haul, confirmable immediately, and an itinerary that doesn't involve the UK APD or CDG's luxury fee. I know ORD-PEK and DFW-PEK have 'C' space right now. Please PM record locator, last name, and routing. I'll be on the computer for a few hours, if not I'll check back this evening.
Old Feb 27, 17, 1:31 pm

Ditto here. I have 1 expiring SWU. Here is the order of preference:
1. C inventory already available
2. International
3. Non LHR or CDG BS fees
PM me with your stuff.
Old Feb 27, 17, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Last call for my SWU :-)
Old Feb 27, 17, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
actually 2 SWU left!

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Hi y'all,

I still have one SWU available for anyone traveling between today and Tuesday 2/28. PM me with your PNR and First & Last name.

cheers,
BillG3
I have 2 SWUs left and I hate to see them go to waste!!
Old Feb 27, 17, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
As a reminder, SWUs must be applied at least 24 hours before the flight. So if you want one for a flight tomorrow, act now!
Old Feb 27, 17, 2:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Remember that in order for SWUs not to go to waste if no one claims them for tomorrow... It never hurts to ask AA for an extension, several members on the SWU thread reported that this works a lot of the time... Really don't want to see people's SWUs go to waste tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: