Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7

So I did this today, the bus goes out of gate 50 for those who will need to take the bus. The new terminal is amazing. You do not feel like your in LGA. The Air Canada lounge is open and the United Club isn’t far behind. You can walk the whole terminal in maybe 20 minutes, but the amenities there are better than the rest of the airport combined. Really tastefully done and am excited to see AA move into its own pier in 2022ish. If the design is mirrored the admirals club will be massive. Equivalent to the two lounges I mentioned combined. I will say security will be interesting until the new head house opens. I could see that line getting long.

Anyone else have a take?
That seals it. I'm going to do my MR later this month thru LGA and pop into the concourse whether I depart from there or not.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7

So I did this today, the bus goes out of gate 50 for those who will need to take the bus. The new terminal is amazing. You do not feel like your in LGA. The Air Canada lounge is open and the United Club isn’t far behind. You can walk the whole terminal in maybe 20 minutes, but the amenities there are better than the rest of the airport combined. Really tastefully done and am excited to see AA move into its own pier in 2022ish. If the design is mirrored the admirals club will be massive. Equivalent to the two lounges I mentioned combined. I will say security will be interesting until the new head house opens. I could see that line getting long.

Anyone else have a take?
Do the lounges face back towards the new hub house or do they have views of the runway/city?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
I flew out of the new concourse this morning. Can confirm what others have observed-- it's nice. The first thing that you notice walking into the concourse is how quiet it is. They have selected materials throughout the concourse to absorb sound. Not a library by any means, but it was wonderful. No announcements at all other than boarding announcements in the actual gate vicinity (never could figure out why you need to be reminded that TSA limits the size of liquids to be taken through the checkpoint, while in the bathroom post-security). A lot of deplaning passengers were not prepared for the new concourse and were shocked based on their expectation of LGA.

My only negative observation was that the bathroom (which was also nice) was not big enough. At the end of the concourse that's currently in heavy use, there was a line for both urinals and stalls in the men's room. On the one hand, not surprising, given that there were 3x WN 737, AC A320, a couple of E75s and an ERJ all parked on that end of the concourse at once. On the other hand, it's surprising there isn't more capacity given that it's a brand new building and not all the gates are even in use yet. On the other side where the gates are not all open yet, there was another men's room that was less busy, but it only had 3 urinals. I'd still rather be in this concourse than in any other NYC area airport terminal, but it seems like a potential oversight.
on-a-stick likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by morrisunc
Do the lounges face back towards the new hub house or do they have views of the runway/city?
The lounges are on the 2nd floor and have balconies that look out over the concourse (and consequently out the window onto the runway). AC lounge is opening next week, looks way nicer than the current lounge at least, we'll see whether they will rejoin PP. UA lounge is under construction and may be for some time as UA isn't moving until next year.
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
The lounges are on the 2nd floor and have balconies that look out over the concourse (and consequently out the window onto the runway). AC lounge is opening next week, looks way nicer than the current lounge at least, we'll see whether they will rejoin PP. UA lounge is under construction and may be for some time as UA isn't moving until next year.
They may have a view of the head house in the lounge and gates to the south.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:52 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Terminal B, Gate A5?

Hmmmm. Scheduled to fly out of LGA tomorrow and the website is showing "Terminal B, Gate A5", which is an oxymoron. AA is not flying anything out of the MAT (Terminal A), correct?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Somewhat OT, but does anyone know what will happen to the Centurion Lounge?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
A few updates:

AA has taken over the former UA gates on concourse C (not shocking since UA moved to the new part of B).

AA E190 Shuttles I just saw are using the aft stairs for deplaning......I haven't seen AA do this in a long time at this airport.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:29 am

Any word when AA will have all their flights consolidated to Terminal B?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mster
12/9/17
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by mster
They have been for awhile. Do you really mean into the new concourses? United has moved to the new concourse from their gates in the C concourse which I think is next for demolition. Specific gates /locations haven't been announced for AA yet (ttbomk).
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I want to know when the new Admirals Club will be opening too
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:41 pm

I'm flying in to LGA on AA and have to meet someone who is scheduled to land 1 hour later. I'm checking baggage so is there a bar or restaurant landside near AA baggage where I can waste some time?

LGA says there are dining options pre and post security but only lists airside options.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
I'm flying in to LGA on AA and have to meet someone who is scheduled to land 1 hour later. I'm checking baggage so is there a bar or restaurant landside near AA baggage where I can waste some time?

LGA says there are dining options pre and post security but only lists airside options.
There are plenty of landside options. Food courts near D and between B and C (the latter has a sit down option). There's also a bar landside near C security.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:59 pm
Suspended

I'm at LGA A LOT, and have noticed a trend and wanted to check with everyone. Most AA flights are now out of C or D.....what I keep noticing is that AA is heavily under utilizing D and sending more departures to C including the DFW flights on the A321's with AVOD. Why on earth would they do this with the only AC being in D and thus forcing people to take that shuttle bus to C while clogging the gate area for D2.

I keep having flights leaving from C and the D concourse has tons of empty gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.