Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState

This is total speculation, but could AA be taking over the old United Club once it moves to the new terminal in 2019? I believe that spot is close to where the L2 entrance is.
That is what I was thinking. AA had two AC's prior to them giving up terminal C.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

This is total speculation, but could AA be taking over the old United Club once it moves to the new terminal in 2019? I believe that spot is close to where the L2 entrance is.
Interesting! Why wouldn't they promote that in the press release?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Interesting! Why wouldn't they promote that in the press release?
UA isn't moving until late 19/early 20 - lounge swap may not be set in stone yet if it is indeed in the cards, though it's odd they show it on the map
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Rolling up to LGA right now and spotted an AA E145 at the new gates FWIW.

also looks like Starbucks is replacing Auntie Anne’s on the D concourse.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 1, 2018 at 6:18 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF

Those both sound like good news. I don't eat Auntie Anne's but I can smell them...
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days

i don’t the club will exist because the entire old terminal will be torn down. I think Concourse A demolition is next so they can further expand and open as the project moves west.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:24 pm

saw the 5-bucks under construction. Good move since it will be a couple of years before concourse D comes down.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:25 pm

Those who are departing from other concourses and have time might jump on the transfer bus to take a peak at the new concourse.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by george 3
Those who are departing from other concourses and have time might jump on the transfer bus to take a peak at the new concourse.
might do this on Monday before my flight to ORD
george 3 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Lots of pics in this thread:

krakendown likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Is there a consolidated list of AA flights that will operate out of the new terminal or they be determined on a more ad-hoc basis?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I spent half a day there yesterday and spoke with airport employees, some of the executives managing the development of the new terminal, and passengers and all agree that the result is absolutely brilliant, from the FAO Schwarz store to the food offerings - and this is only 9% of the final project.

Inside LaGuardia Airport’s Posh New Central Terminal Concourse, Now Open to Passengers

Attention New Yorkers and visitors: The city that never sleeps now has a brand new airport – or at least part of one.

The first concourse in the newly built replacement Central Terminal building at LaGuardia Airport opened on Saturday. I visited the new structure, also known as Terminal B, for the better part of a day, spoke with passengers, and met with airport officials who were on the ground spearheading …

<SNIP>

This link is to an online source to which I contribute and/or have a financial interest.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Is there a consolidated list of AA flights that will operate out of the new terminal or they be determined on a more ad-hoc basis?
it appears that for now, it’s only Eagle flights. First flight out was to CMH, I believe.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by george 3
So I did this today, the bus goes out of gate 50 for those who will need to take the bus. The new terminal is amazing. You do not feel like your in LGA. The Air Canada lounge is open and the United Club isn’t far behind. You can walk the whole terminal in maybe 20 minutes, but the amenities there are better than the rest of the airport combined. Really tastefully done and am excited to see AA move into its own pier in 2022ish. If the design is mirrored the admirals club will be massive. Equivalent to the two lounges I mentioned combined. I will say security will be interesting until the new head house opens. I could see that line getting long.

Anyone else have a take?
george 3 and AANYC1981 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.