Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
HNL and MIA Premium Lounge operating as a AC have Self Serve.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by ksweeney
I've not seen self service drinks at domestic AA clubs. This seems like a litigation risk - minors having access, the intoxicated traveler who stops in the club and grabs one more drink before boarding, etc. I'm not a lawyer so maybe there is a measure of protection since the airline is not actually serving the drinks?
At Delta clubs, there terms saying you must be 21 or older to enter unaccompanied.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by malexander131
At Delta clubs, there terms saying you must be 21 or older to enter unaccompanied.
I have both seen them enforce this and have been on the receiving end of being carded.

The Concourse C AC area is so small that it would likely be very easy to see who is pouring a drink.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
This transition to Terminal B isn't as bad as I thought (I figured that the traffic leaving the airport would be unbearable), but the Admirals Club is insufficient-it's mobbed full of people and looks really old.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
This transition to Terminal B isn't as bad as I thought (I figured that the traffic leaving the airport would be unbearable), but the Admirals Club is insufficient-it's mobbed full of people and looks really old.
There's that secret TV room that no one really seems to use just in case you haven't checked it out.
jpsj, ibrandsguest and Pasqualle7 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA is simply a liquor licensee. Whatever local law is relating to the service of booze, it applies to AA. Generally, self-serve means no unaccompanied <21 (or the drinking age at the location wherever it may be).

BA used to let this slip and wound up with its Massachusetts liquor licensed suspended for a period.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
What are some tips and tricks for Terminal B arrivals to get into the city. The whole Uber shuttle bus thing is ridiculous. It seems like the yellow cab line is 30 minutes+. Is it worth it to take the air side shuttle to D and pick up your Uber there? Walk to the Marriott across the bridge and get it there? Any tips/tricks/hacks?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by beofotch
Is it worth it to take the air side shuttle to D and pick up your Uber there?
Yes, if it's still running. Previously the best trick was to take airside shuttle from term B to term C, but I think that stopped running after AA migrated out of term C.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Was just at LGA and visited the AA club near the D gates. As you look out the window, there is a small circular tower with portholes in it above the roof of the terminal. Any idea what that is?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:27 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
What are some tips and tricks for Terminal B arrivals to get into the city. The whole Uber shuttle bus thing is ridiculous. It seems like the yellow cab line is 30 minutes+. Is it worth it to take the air side shuttle to D and pick up your Uber there? Walk to the Marriott across the bridge and get it there? Any tips/tricks/hacks?
If you have a roller bag and are up for a 8-9 minute walk, ask your car to meet you outside the National Car rental location on Ditmars Blvd.

For you - walk out the lower level west side exit in baggage claim near the taxis and follow the sidewalk (west) to the traffic light. Walk over the grand central (on sidewalks) then cross over to the south east corner and walk 1 short block to the national car rental. As long as the weather cooperates - it's a predictable 8-9 minutes walk.
San Gottardo likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jpsj
Was just at LGA and visited the AA club near the D gates. As you look out the window, there is a small circular tower with portholes in it above the roof of the terminal. Any idea what that is?
The old control tower. NYT article here.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
(Small) part of new Terminal B could be opened in 2018/2019. This is the part by Central Terminal A gates (Air Canada)

https://www.laguardiacentral.com/construction-updates
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
And how about departures? Is access to the CTB still difficult? I have a 5:30PM departure. Can UBER drop off there?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
And how about departures? Is access to the CTB still difficult? I have a 5:30PM departure. Can UBER drop off there?
Yeah, Uber can drop off there. The only restriction is on pick-up.

I haven't noticed particularly acute problems dropping off at LGA lately, but I haven't had any late afternoon departures recently.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
was impressed with AA operations today at LGA......deicing like clockwork, still getting planes out on time and most flights still operating (outside of the obvious BOS Shuttles).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.