Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

NOTE: This post has been inserted to add and aggregate information on the AA flight gate consolidation to Terminal B at New York La Guardia / LGA International Airport on 9 December 2017. That will change and a Wikipost established. Ultimately, the LGA specific threads will be edited and archived to contain updated information.

AA is consolidating its flights to Terminal B on 9 Dec 2017 according to a recent Port Authority of New York and New Jersey press release. Link.

Link to AA news release.

See: LGA Airside Shuttle between Terminal B Concourse D (Gate D2), Terminal B Concourse C (Gate C4), and Terminal C (Gate C39) This airside shuttle bus runs with a ten minute headway and may likely drop Terminal C from its routing once AA doesn't use Terminal C.
"Near each of the above gates is a podium staffed by personnel usually wearing reflective clothing. They will ask for a boarding pass, but Admirals Club visit is a legitimate reason."

/Moderator

Attached Images   
george 3 likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 22, 2017 at 9:27 pm Reason: Update
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
AA leaving Terminal C at LGA Nov-Dec 2017?

On the Delta forum, they are saying that Delta will be taking AA's gates at Terminal C next month. Delta is expected to move its current Marine Air Terminal flights to Terminal C. AA will be moving all of its flights to Terminal B.

If so, this is a significant downgrade to the AA experience. I enjoy flying AA out of Terminal C. Terminals C and D at LGA are among the best in NYC. This will make it harder to compete with DL in NYC.
zpaul and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
you will have an easier time using the Amex Centurion at B though
Adelphos likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Another thread on Airliners.net is saying the same thing. The folks posting seem pretty sure it is going to happen and are pretty specific about the changes, so it seems like a pretty valid rumor. They list the date as November 12.

According to what is listed, Jet Blue and Alaska move to the Marine Air terminal, Delta consolidates to C and D, and AA consolidates to terminal B although spread out through multiple concourses. Spirit may also be moving to C/D.

It seems like a net loss of two gates, as AA loses 8 gates in C and will inherit 6 gates in B?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
C/D are certainly nicer than B on a relative basis, but C/D aren't exactly anything great. There's a reason they are tearing the whole place down (except MAT) and rebuilding. The offset AA leaving C (if it happens) is that they will be under one roof, albeit separate secure areas still under that roof. But the separate secure areas, and the sorry state of Terminal B, are temporary with the new terminal coming.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I worried about losing that 2nd Admirals Club and now it seems AA will be spread across different piers in B (thus guaranteed bus rides or clearing security multiple times) :/
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
worried about losing that 2nd Admirals Club
Definitely my main concern in this as well.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Delta has been trying to get out of the MAT for years since it severely limits connectivity and were alsopeeved at having to share their terminal with AA. This has been in the works for months if not years, but Delta was having trouble getting an airline to bite at their offer. From what I've been told, Delta is paying most of the associated moving costs. Not sure if any other incentives were dangled.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
My biggest issue is actually Uber related.

Because of the Uber set up (or correspondingly long taxi line), I tend to fly out of LGA but into EWR from domestic LAA destinations (mainly MIA and DFW), but fly the AA shuttle every couple weeks to BOS.

This may make me switch to DL for the shuttle and other flights that currently tend to go in and out of C (RDU, etc.)
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Will DL has Port Authority's back as they invest the most in the LGA and JFK overhauls. It doesn't seem surprise to me that DL will get some benefits out of it, or AA giving up some to DL.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
At the moment B terminal is 3rd world and getting from the Admirals Club to the regional pier a pain as it requires a second go through TSA, a pain even for PreCheck members. However the Amex Centurion lounge is landslide and a lot nicer than the AC so my preferred destination at LGA. And the pace of construction is quite impressive so by the end of the decade AA will be in the nicest terminal of any NYC area airport.
50ae likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:23 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
At the moment B terminal is 3rd world and getting from the Admirals Club to the regional pier a pain as it requires a second go through TSA, a pain even for PreCheck members.
Actually, there is no need to clear security twice. There is a shuttle bus which runs every ~5 minutes or so between the 2 AA piers in Terminal B.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by nyc6035
Actually, there is no need to clear security twice. There is a shuttle bus which runs every ~5 minutes or so between the 2 AA piers in Terminal B.
Yep. I imagine the setup - for the next several years until the new CTB is finally done - will be similar to DCA, with buses linking the multiple sterile concourses off the same terminal. Far from ideal, and I like everyone else cannot wait for the new CTB to be finished, but in the interim this would likely to simplify AA's LGA operations which are, in any event, more focused on O&D (rather than connections) anyway.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:20 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by commavia
Yep. I imagine the setup - for the next several years until the new CTB is finally done - will be similar to DCA, with buses linking the multiple sterile concourses off the same terminal.
I suspect AA will be the last phase of construction to receive their new pier @ LGA. I'm making an assumption that AA will want it's gates nearest to their hangers just to the west of Terminal B. That pier closest appears to be the last to be reconstructed per this video:

(look at about 4:45 in the video for the construction sequencing).

Looks like this will be a while until AA's gates are totally settled to the end state.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Also, more crowding with one AC at LGA....then you’ll be “lucky” to line up and take a bus to your gate I’m sure hoping they keep the Shuttle and main hub flights in D while the smaller regionals can go to the other piers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.