Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"American Airlines unveils new passenger perks and fleet upgrade"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"American Airlines unveils new passenger perks and fleet upgrade"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
"American Airlines will also be entering its first B737 Max into service early next year. “It’s going to have thinner and more comfortable seats,"

More comfortable than what? A stockade?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
“It’s going to have thinner and more comfortable seats,"
Ha! They will be horribly uncomfortable. Parker should be forced to sit in a 5 hour transcon on these seats and at the same time look for saver J availability.

That's a double whammy torture test.
AANYC1981, waalien and Gig103 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
So they're not even going to start adding power to legacy US aircraft for nearly 2 years?

Also, there are no legacy AA A320s. Any legacy AA Airbus frames (A319 and A321) are actually brand new and some of the best planes in the fleet. They have no need for any upgrades. I'm betting those will get downgraded for "commonality" (remove IFE, tighter pitch, etc).
I took A320's to mean A320 series aircraft, which is the proper name for the Airbus series of aircraft A318/319/320/321 aircraft.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
"American Airlines will also be entering its first B737 Max into service early next year. “It’s going to have thinner and more comfortable seats,"

More comfortable than what? A stockade?
Possibly a wooden church pew, but I wouldn't hold my breath. AS's new 737 seats feel like an old church pew.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I want to know about these possible MCE enhancements mentioned at the end...

Rasheed
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:36 pm

Did something happen recently to AA's policies for advance seat selection? In the past few days I've booked both an award ticket & a revenue ticket (fare code S); unlike in the past for the same route, I'm seeing no option to select a seat in advance other than via upcharge. No status before or now, so that doesn't explain the sudden lack of free seat options.

And yes, I did look for a new thread on the subject & saw nothing relevant. Please LMK if I just missed it. Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Sure, if you pay for internet you can send/receive SMS via WiFi calling. But we're talking about free messaging which is only through iMessage and certain apps on Delta, Alaska, etc. I'd presume AA would be the same.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Parker should be forced to sit in a 5 hour transcon on these seats and at the same time look for saver J availability.

It wouldn't be a double whammy torture test, because you forgot how he looks for saver J availability:

"Hello? Yes, this is Parker, please release J saver availability for me on this route. Thanks. Bye."

"Entitled" people don't even know how to do things the way "mere mortals" have to do them. You'd have to teach Parker how to (try to) search for J availability, I'm pretty sure he's never done it online in his life.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:28 am
Suspended

So are the B787-8s going to get premium Economy?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
I certainly hope they are not like IB's thin seats on their 319's. I can't sit on them more than 30 minutes.... Next time I'll stop by the pharmacy on the way to the airport and pick up a hemorrhoid doughnut to sit on.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by richardwft
So are the B787-8s going to get premium Economy?
Yep. They are going to use the old economy seats they are pulling out for the new church pews.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Ha! They will be horribly uncomfortable. Parker should be forced to sit in a 5 hour transcon on these seats and at the same time look for saver J availability.

Not only that, Mr Parker should be required to sit in a middle seat in the last row, board last, and have no chance at an upgrade.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It wouldn't be a double whammy torture test, because you forgot how he looks for saver J availability:

"Hello? Yes, this is Parker, please release J saver availability for me on this route. Thanks. Bye."

"Entitled" people don't even know how to do things the way "mere mortals" have to do them. You'd have to teach Parker how to (try to) search for J availability, I'm pretty sure he's never done it online in his life.
Originally Posted by Austin787
Not only that, Mr Parker should be required to sit in a middle seat in the last row, board last, and have no chance at an upgrade.
Yes after the trip Dougie would say: PHEW! What a miserable trip! We should charge the guys in front coach even more as the trip is as much more comfortable for them compare with the back rows!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:32 am
Suspended

Yep. They are going to use the old economy seats they are pulling out for the new church pews.
so will the B788 premium economy seats be similar to the B789 premium Economy seats ?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bhaimsohn
It's nice they are trying to improve their equipment. What about the food they serve. Also it would be nice if they used bottle water to make coffee, instead of the water that has been on the plane for an unknown period of time. Currently, I don't drink any coffee on any airlines unless they are using bottle water to make their coffee.
I am only going to drink the coffee when they start making it with water from Fiji. Seriously though, how do you know whether an airline makes coffee with bottle water or airline tap water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.