Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"American Airlines unveils new passenger perks and fleet upgrade"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"American Airlines unveils new passenger perks and fleet upgrade"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Now that Delta has introduced basic economy, I guess the next PR announcement will involve AA also introducing basic economy.

"Giving you more choices at different price points".

Someone get me a job marketing for AA!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Upgrades to the A320 aircraft is scheduled to begin in 2019, starting with former US Airways aircraft and ending with legacy American A320 airframes.
So they're not even going to start adding power to legacy US aircraft for nearly 2 years?

Also, there are no legacy AA A320s. Any legacy AA Airbus frames (A319 and A321) are actually brand new and some of the best planes in the fleet. They have no need for any upgrades. I'm betting those will get downgraded for "commonality" (remove IFE, tighter pitch, etc).
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
in flight texting? who the F cares. Give us something tangible Parker--like opening up award space. THAT's a passenger perk.
roadtriper and fotographer like this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Also, there are no legacy AA A320s. Any legacy AA Airbus frames (A319 and A321) are actually brand new and some of the best planes in the fleet. They have no need for any upgrades. I'm betting those will get downgraded for "commonality" (remove IFE, tighter pitch, etc).
Can't one go further to say the only legacy airbus frames are 300's? (obviously since retired).
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:23 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

To each his own. I despise the A319s as they only have 8 F seats. The 319 is replacing planes with much larger F cabins on most of my flights I'd rather a regional in F than a 319 with poor econ seats.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by solewalker
Now that Delta has introduced basic economy, I guess the next PR announcement will involve AA also introducing basic economy.
Already happened.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/09/aa-...my-nationwide/
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Nice to hear that many pmUS aircraft will be getting in-seat power. Biggest sore point with pmUS fleet.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, SQ,
It's nice they are trying to improve their equipment. What about the food they serve. Also it would be nice if they used bottle water to make coffee, instead of the water that has been on the plane for an unknown period of time. Currently, I don't drink any coffee on any airlines unless they are using bottle water to make their coffee.
fotographer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
Like most AA "enhancements" these days, this is all lipstick on a pig.
And putting the pig into an even smaller space.
thorofare likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solewalker

"Giving you more choices at different price points".

Someone get me a job marketing for AA!
Originally Posted by ty97
Already happened in multiple stages (that's how long it's been happening).

And already a long thread about it in this forum:
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bhaimsohn
It's nice they are trying to improve their equipment. What about the food they serve. Also it would be nice if they used bottle water to make coffee, instead of the water that has been on the plane for an unknown period of time. Currently, I don't drink any coffee on any airlines unless they are using bottle water to make their coffee.
Can you explain how that would work?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
So they're not even going to start adding power to legacy US aircraft for nearly 2 years?

I'm almost sure that they're referring to A320 Family aircraft, not just specifically A320 frames. Most journalists really don't get aviation.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
in flight texting? who the F cares. Give us something tangible Parker--like opening up award space. THAT's a passenger perk.
Amen to that!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Actually, it's not. It's a loyalty program member perk, not a passenger perk. Lots of people who use AA miles don't fly AA much, and lots of people on AA planes are not AAdvantage members.

Passenger perks are perks that apply to passengers whether they're members of a loyalty program or not.

Now, I agree with you that Parker should solve the award space issue, and maybe he should solve that before announcing new things that apply to kettles just as much as AAdvantage members, but benefits for passengers and benefits to AAdvantage members are two different things.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:00 pm

Ditto to everything you said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.