FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LIT - SIN (fares & earning AA miles questions) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1870815-lit-sin-fares-earning-aa-miles-questions.html)

Ebbrantley Oct 7, 2017 3:45 pm

LIT - SIN (fares & earning AA miles questions)

I need to buy two one way tickets to Singapore. The AA website routes me thru DFW and Narita for $4600 each in business. Orbitz shows a ticket through DFW and Seoul for $4100, and it's about two hours shorter. The DFW to Seoul leg is listed as Korean Air, operated by American. The Seoul to Sin is Korean Air. I prefer this route, but I don't want to miss getting AA miles. Am I safe in booking it?

x1234 Oct 7, 2017 4:08 pm

Mile accrual is by airline alliance. So yes you can get the miles on Korean Air if you have a Delta FFP account as they are part of the same Skyteam alliance. Another option is DFW-HKG-SIN on AA/CX (Cathay Pacific).

FlyingEgghead Oct 7, 2017 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ebbrantley (Post 28905285)
I need to buy two one way tickets to Singapore. The AA website routes me thru DFW and Narita for $4600 each in business. Orbitz shows a ticket through DFW and Seoul for $4100, and it's about two hours shorter. The DFW to Seoul leg is listed as Korean Air, operated by American. The Seoul to Sin is Korean Air. I prefer this route, but I don't want to miss getting AA miles. Am I safe in booking it?

According to here, you cannot earn AA miles on KE marketed even if AA operated.

1973 Ford Pinto Oct 7, 2017 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by x1234 (Post 28905357)
Mile accrual is by airline alliance. So yes you can get the miles on Korean Air if you have a Delta FFP account as they are part of the same Skyteam alliance. Another option is DFW-HKG-SIN on AA/CX (Cathay Pacific).

If it's a KE marketed flight you aren't going to earn very many miles if you credit to DL. KE is a group 4 partner, you don't get any bonus for buisness class or full-fare Y, and ZERO elite qualification miles.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...orean-air.html

LovePrunes Oct 7, 2017 8:45 pm

what happened to the LIT-SIN AA A380 nonstops (multiple times a day?)
OP, your timing is awful, now you'll have to connect.

sorry, jk.

I can't do the code right but here's the 2015 LIT A380 thread this one reminded me of, the quotes are from post 7

Originally Posted by shoodawg (Post 24752526)
So now that Malaysian is dumping it's 6 Airbus A380's, what chance do you see that Dougie and crew will want to acquire them and be the first American carrier to fly the A380?

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 24752883)
AA will buy ALL of them, and use them out of the new AA LIT hub to NRT, LHR, CDG, BKK, AKL and SIN. LIT will be entirely A380 longhaul service, in order to handle the amazing demand for service to LIT, which can only be handled by an A380.

:D

FTFY. ;)

andersonCooper Oct 7, 2017 10:19 pm

CX could ticket LIT-SIN, via ORD. J is more expensive though, as usual with CX.

MSPeconomist Oct 7, 2017 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes (Post 28905974)
OP, your timing is awful, now you'll have to connect.

sorry, jk.

I can't do the code right but here's the 2015 LIT A380 thread this one reminded me of, the quotes are from post 7

From LIT, there are all those lucrative state government fares. Lots of Arkansas officials desperately need to travel to Asia on official business. It's a huge source of untapped demand for AA tickets since travel on foreign carriers is forbidden.

PHLGovFlyer Oct 8, 2017 6:34 am

LIT-SIN is just a bit too far for a fully loaded A380 to fly non stop. They really should add a stop at BIS to pick up even more lucrative customers (plus it's very close to the great circle route to SIN from LIT). I'm sure that would add a ton of paid F and J to SIN.

arlflyer Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes (Post 28905974)

Checked this thread hoping to see this exact comment; thank you sir, all is right with the world.

arkangel Oct 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 28906867)
LIT-SIN is just a bit too far for a fully loaded A380 to fly non stop. They really should add a stop at BIS to pick up even more lucrative customers (plus it's very close to the great circle route to SIN from LIT). I'm sure that would add a ton of paid F and J to SIN.

LIT-SIN non-stop?? No way, assuming SIN = Singapore. There are no international flights from LIT. Cxns would have to be via ORD or DFW.

PHLGovFlyer Oct 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel (Post 28922036)
LIT-SIN non-stop?? No way, assuming SIN = Singapore. There are no international flights from LIT. Cxns would have to be via ORD or DFW.

I think someone is missing out on the sarcasm... ;)

wrp96 Oct 11, 2017 7:21 pm

I’m still waiting on LIT-NRT.
@arkangel I’ll be in Magnolia Sunday.

arkangel Oct 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 28922152)
I think someone is missing out on the sarcasm... ;)

Right you are. Should've noticed that from MSP's post, at least.

arkangel Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 28922156)
I’m still waiting on LIT-NRT.
@arkangel I’ll be in Magnolia Sunday.

PM me if you want to get together. Hardly anyone visits this part of the state, let alone another FlyerTalker!

LovePrunes Oct 12, 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by arkangel (Post 28922298)
PM me if you want to get together. Hardly anyone visits this part of the state, let alone another FlyerTalker!

that's because the lack of A380 international nonstops