Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

When is the cutoff date for Elite status requalification?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the cutoff date for Elite status requalification?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Cool When is the cutoff date for Elite status requalification?

So I'm currently a Gold member and I will be flying to Japan in Nov, collecting around 15k miles for that round trip ticket.

I was wondering when is the cutoff date for me to reach Platinum status?

The reason I'm asking is because I plan to fly overseas again next year around January.

Would this be too late?
Do all miles get erased on Jan 1 2018?

Are there any exceptions?

Thank you for your time.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
12/31 of current year is the cutoff for status. See below "Qualification and membership period“ for more details:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...equalification

Your Nov's trip will count towards platinum status, but your Jan trip will not be counted towards 2017 qualifying year's. Instead, the latter will be counted towards 2018 elite qualifying year, whose status will last until Jan 31, 2020.

Your AAdvantage award miles will not be erased as long as you have qualifying activities (flying, partners, credit cards etc) once every 18 months. However, your EQD, EQM and EQS will start over on 1/1/18. Also, keep in mind that you might reap 15k EQM for your upcoming JPN trip, but you also need to meet the EQD requirement at the same time.($6,000 for Platinum)
JDiver and LostinCalifornia like this.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Oct 7, 2017 at 9:26 pm Reason: Clarifying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.